Technical Rear wiper blade

Currently reading:
Technical Rear wiper blade

Probably a really daft question, how do you swap the rear blade for a new one? I cant pull the arm far neoigh off the glass the manoeuvre the old one out! I've pulled off the plastic cap but it still doesn't move up far enough! Thanks!

Probably a really daft question, how do you swap the rear blade for a new one? I cant pull the arm far neoigh off the glass the manoeuvre the old one out! I've pulled off the plastic cap but it still doesn't move up far enough! Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220312_162319_com.adobe.reader.jpg
    Screenshot_20220312_162319_com.adobe.reader.jpg
    451.5 KB · Views: 119
Should just clip out. I didn’t unbolt mine when I swapped it, though looking at the diagram you apparently have to. The more you know!

I’ve just changed mine.£12 Bosch blade from Halfords.You don’t need to pull cap off or undo anything. Pull blade slightly away from rear screen and push towards rear screen with thumbs at joint.Then new blade just clips into socket. Very easy.

I had to remove the whole arm in the end, removing nut alone it wouldn't free had to pull the arm to the left to release as was spring loaded locking it on. Wouldn't come off without doimg this! Used same Halford £12 blade too!

I had to remove the whole arm in the end, removing nut alone it wouldn't free had to pull the arm to the left to release as was spring loaded locking it on. Wouldn't come off without doimg this! Used same Halford £12 blade too!
Im confused the nut on the spindle is to enable to arm to be removed?

What part where you trying to remove after the nut?

Yes removing the nut the arm wouldn't pull off there's a spring in the wiper arm that needed the arm pulling to the left to free it from the thread the nut was on, that make sense?

If replacing just the blade there really is no need to undo anything.Blade just pushes off.

https://youtu.be/XfPkaFNqfXM………This is for a 500x shows how it’s done.

To be fair it needed quite a hard push to separate the blade from the arm.

Back