General rear wash wipe

Currently reading:
General rear wash wipe

sattyb

Hi

Recently the rear wash wipe on my tjet has stopped working. By this I mean that when you push the stalk backwards to clean the rear screen you can hear the motor and the the rear wiper comes on but no water comes out. The front ones are fine. Is there anywhere i can check to see if a pipe or something has come out?

Thanks in advance.:)

As you open the bonnet it is a small black tube on the right. Mines did the exact same, as have many other peoples. I got lucky as mines split at the top and was able to bodge a repair. A lot split at the bottom and its a harder fix.

To check, just open the bonnet and pop your head around. If there is a puddle under the car its leaking, or in my case it was creating a fountain upwards. It will be easier to do it with a friend though, just watch your eyes in this case, as screenwash isn't something you want to get in them!

Last edited:
hi

thanks. it is exactly as you said. will try to repair myself. should be a quick fix.

thanks again for the quick reply.

Mine did the same in January. Was in getting a warranty fix on the gear linkages and the dealer noted that down and wanted it back in to look at.

A quick look under the bonnet and it was immediately obvious, it had just popped apart so was able to push the hoses back together again. You would have thought they would have noticed.

Back