Technical Rear trailing arms

Currently reading:
Technical Rear trailing arms

rolo

Last week on hol's in cumbria I began to notice ominous noises from the back end,(multi's.....not mine).A quick inspection revealed grease oozing from the off side rear trailing arm bush so nursed the car home and booked it straight into the stealers as we need it for another trip over the bank holiday weekend.
Stealer phoned today and reports both rear arms shot and quotes £400ish to do both.....car on 90k now so not too surprised. Just thought it was worth seeing if anyone else has had this issue and if the price seems about right.....gotta be done anyway so gotta swallow it, but armed with the right info might be able to screw 'em down a bit(y)....or not:cry:as the case may be!!

You can buy just the bearings for em for about £20 a side from buy parts buy or shop 4 parts cant remember which now but they are on there site.

I've heard of that option but as I'm not going to have time to mess about and have got to have a working car for the weekend dealer seemed best option.Also looking at the thing I didnt fancy it,other threads on here talk about major hassle getting the bolt out and pressing in the new part.Kinda hoping anyone whose had the job done at the dealer might be able to confirm the price,ta for the reply though JTDman.

No worries , its something im going to have to do myself along with the rear pass side wheel bearing , clutch, flywheel , cambelt , oil leak :bang:
wouldnt change it though:)

(n)Update.....Dealer phoned today to say only 1 spare is available but agreed to do the O/S dodgy one and rebook the car for the less serious side.Phoned again late PM to say the bolt that secures the arm was a real bitch and couldnt be shifted.They ground it off and now a new bolt kit is needed so she remains at the dealers till tomorrow.If we're not a goer at the weekend....(friends 50th.....3 days of drunken debauchery in dorset) I'm likely to be strung up by my boy bits by her indoors :eek:.
Glad I didnt attempt it myself....if the fiat boys struggled......best of luck with yours JTDman.

Thing is id just cut the bolt at the start of the job whereas they have prob tried eveything to save yours ;)

Had same thing after I noticed rear Passenger wheel hanging over. Local guy did rear arms for price of arms and an hours labour each. good value(y)...... Then came the MOT, pest knew what had happened to rear so condemmed front... after several non productive hours he held his arms up and told me to go direct to Dealer as bolt not moving......:yuck: I ended up doing it myself, after half a day of non productive drilling and hammering I moved the bolts by grinding the bolt head off and jacking the shank out using the nut on the inside and several washers/spacers. :slayer:eek:nce it begins to move you are able to punch it out using a hammer and drift. once out it is relatively easy to do the rest :) it just isn't very nice lying on the drive all day (sore arms and back):cry: need to tidy out my garage ....Good Luck

Why is it allways the passenger side rear arm that goes first?
its knackerd my wheel bearing as well but ive just won one on ebay for 99p:cool:
but ill be on the road doing mine , id kill for a garage:(

My offside one bit the dust first...and yes it was the n/s arm that had to be ordered.The n/s arm bolt was ok and reused,but with the drum off they noticed the n/s wheel cylinder weeping fluid and changed it,both w/c's were only changed 16k ago.Total cost 500 quid so praying nothing else goes tits up this side of christmas.
Ps....was ok for the dorset trip so my boy bits remain intact.

Back