General rear trailing arm

Currently reading:
General rear trailing arm

rab10000

does anyone know the best place to get a rear trailing arm for the passengers side of my multipla, been told its easier to replace the whole arm rather than just the bushes etc but i cant find a local stockist also is the same part used on other cars at all

really struggling to get one

ceers for the reply

so am i better off just buying the bushes/overhaul kit and some nuts/bolts etc

not sure how to go about this was told its easier to replace the whole arm but obviously costs more to buy but if in a garage would prob even themselves out with the labour costs

does anyone know the best place to get a rear trailing arm for the passengers side of my multipla, been told its easier to replace the whole arm rather than just the bushes etc but i cant find a local stockist also is the same part used on other cars at all

really struggling to get one

You can get either the bush kit (£27.47 delivered) or the complete arm (£86.46 for ABS type, delivered) from www.shop4parts.co.uk and they are pretty good on swift delivery.

If you 'mash' the ABS sensor when removing it. I have a brand new one that cost just under £50.00 that I would like to sell. Also have a brand new hub either early ABS or non as you like. £55 for both posted.

Watch out for the spring steel clips on the brake adjuster, easily lost or broken.

Last edited:
...and if you break the springs on the adjusters they cost 40 odd quid a pair inc vat . . . cos you gotta buy the complete adjuster

ask me how I know :bang:

p/s, they 'normally' break as a matter of design (thank you FIAT!)

George

Halfords sell packs of springs , this was a common thing on alfa 155's they would fail on rear brake effort as the spring would go loose just tighten and away you go new rear brakes.

Back