Technical Rear speaker wire

Currently reading:
Technical Rear speaker wire

Hi. Don't know how many Multipla owners we have on here but i'm looking for some information regarding the rear speaker wire, specifically which one is positive and negative. As usual with Italian cars things are never straight forward. One wire to the plug on the speaker is black and white, the other is Blue and white. Why can't they just have a normal + and - colouring scheme. The speakers to the rear by the way are, well, poor. Very light weight and cheap. Changing them to some round JBL Ones which have a smaller and larger terminal on the speaker body as opposed to spade connectors of the same size. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Also, How many Ohms are the rear speakers. Looking at a pair of JBL ones which are 4Ohm, so i take it the multi's have to be 4Ohms or less ideally ?

When I fitted JBL speakers to my multipla I took the lighter coloured wires to be the positive and the darker to be negative. You could alternatively check colours behind the radio if an aftermarket one has been fitted - see which ones go to the wires with the black tracers which are the negatives.

Bought the JBL Stage 2 524 speakers. Sound a damn sight better than the muffed sounding paper coned efforts that i took out. These are round abd not the oval shape that is fitted as standard so you wilk need a backplate to accommodate these. Let you know after a few more days how the new ones sound to give you some idea. Photo attached of backplate required.

Attachments

• 20220810_125225.jpg
    20220810_125225.jpg
    806.3 KB · Views: 38
Back