Technical Rear screen washer not working

Currently reading:
Technical Rear screen washer not working

607mnk

Hi,

I own a 500s 2017 and got a small problem with the washers. The front ones work just fine but when I try to wash the back the fluid doesn’t come out. Rather it squirts a bit out of the jets under the wipers.

Not sure why it’s doing that but I’d like to get it fixed asap. Any help would be appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_7217.jpeg
    IMG_7217.jpeg
    337.9 KB · Views: 53
Hi, check the nozzle fitting for blockages, use something blunt but able to poke into the holes and clean them out- or even an old toothbrush!. If this doesn’t work it’s possible there’s a hole in the hose leading to the rear windscreen washer.

Hi the previous posts about checking the nozzle/jet for blockage and checking for the pump operating are great first steps!, however if this proves not to be the problem then you need to check the pipe that feeds water to the rear washer jets, it runs along the passenger side sill behind the internal plastic quarter panel through the upper trim and into the tailgate/hatch as part of the wiring loom!( a good time to check the wiring as well!) it is unlikely that it is blocked!- it is more likely that it has split! check the carpets /seats etc working backwards for signs of water! it is probable that its behind the quarter panel plastic or somewhere equally inacessable!.
It is also possible that the pipe has come off of the pump which is located on the washer fluid bottle! a good indicator is if you get a puddle of water under the car when trying to use the rear washer!.

If you do have to take the plastic panel off the seat belt mounting bolt should be removed with an electric"rattle gun" trying to remove it with a ratchet spanner often results in it snapping off in the threads(usually flush) making it real tough to remove!.

many people cut the plastic panel( in an inconspicuous place) to allow the seatbelt to thread through instead of undoing the bolt!.

Once the split is located you may be able to repair it using a straight washer pipe insert or the like along with some tape over the joint! -if the pipe is in poor condition overall then you can thread a new one in by tapeing the new on to the end of the old one and pulling it through the car up to the bulkhead/firewall to plumb into the system!.

I would suggest you go onto YOU TUBE and check out "love 500" Paul has a clip on there which shows how to do this job(but it might need a little searching for as its part of a video of a car he was repairing to sell!) you can always leave a comment/message on his latest video asking him which of his clips it is in!.(but he might not remember!)
He posts on this forum as TYPECASTBOY!.
You could also try typing "fiat 500 rear washer pipe" into YOU TUBE and see what results you get!
best of luck tracing the issue!

Last edited:
Back