General Rear passenger side indicator problem

Currently reading:
General Rear passenger side indicator problem

Chris0101

I know there are many of these posts hidden inside the forum and despite searching through them I am yet to find an answer to my solution.

I would like to know what the part in the picture is called, it's the connector which the bulb holder pins plug into.

If anyone can link me to a website where they are for sale it would be greatly appreciated as I'm currently driving around without an indicator.

I've been to a garage but I feel they're ripping me off as I had to buy the rear indicator light unit with the bulb holder cap as they don't sell it separately .. apparently.

If anyone can answer these questions for me before Monday it would be greatly appreciated as I can go back and get it sorted.

Thanks IMG_5720.JPG

There are lots of different connectors, but mostly made by two companies, and as vehicle manufacturers like to ensure continuity of supply, they are mostly interchangeable. However, identifying the exact one can be difficult.

You need to look very closely at it for any identifying marks, that might give a clue to the manufacturer. Then start at their website for clues as to the name of the connector. Then a Google search should find sources.

AMP are a major player, by TE Connectivity.
http://www.te.com/global-en/plp/automotive-terminals/Y30g2.html
Have a browse of their site, may take some time.

See attached pic for Grande Punto parts listing. There are several pages to choose from, so I just picked one. Likely that they are all the same, but if you wish to go the OE route, best to choose the right page from your VIN. If you would like me to find the actual page for your vehicle, PM me with VIN, model, year and number of doors. I'll see what I can do.
In the pic, item 16 is the plastic block, and 17 the terminal. If sourcing from a dealer, you'll probably have to have the bagful, whatever size that is.

Edit: Found this:http://www.ebay.de/itm/Reparatursat...nto-Stecker-Licht-Kabelbaum-Kit-/191757715052
Send them an email, they probably speak great English.

Attachments

• GrandeLamp.jpg
    GrandeLamp.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Clean the old ones off and connect them back together. The earth usually gets a bit corroded and then you get all the problems.

I have had this problem before now ? (just fixed last week, the day before police pulled me in for routine vehicle safety check ?)

I just cleaned connections as best I could, made sure that all connections were connecting correctly (1 of this pins did seems ever so slightly loose) put back together... So far, no more problems ?

Back