Styling Rear light upgrades

Currently reading:
Styling Rear light upgrades

Upgraded rear lights to facelift model and did the reg plate bulbs while at it what a difference

86B2CFB4-0019-442C-94D5-735C7C4EA873.jpeg

Attachments

• ACFB1C89-2762-4F7B-8E69-061562848178.jpeg
    ACFB1C89-2762-4F7B-8E69-061562848178.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 99
The facelift tail lamps are LED as far as I know. I actually haven't looked at mine that closely... but I recall that the brochure/spec's refer to LED.
Upgraded rear lights to facelift model and did the reg plate bulbs while at it what a difference

View attachment 419099

Looks like you stole the number plate bulbs from a football stadium.... o_O

Are you sure they're bright enough? It's a "no thanks.. here's some high beam" from me.

Ralf S.

The facelift tail lamps are LED as far as I know. I actually haven't looked at mine that closely... but I recall that the brochure/spec's refer to LED.

Looks like you stole the number plate bulbs from a football stadium.... o_O

Are you sure they're bright enough? It's a "no thanks.. here's some high beam" from me.

Ralf S.
Tbf the camera makes them look brighter than they are in that pic, its definitely better i.m.o cleaner brighter light than standard halogen bulbs.

In South Africa they just standard cheap non LED and we still get same old boring non reliable 1.4 engine

Can I just say their is no such thing as a CAN Bus LED. Please let us not confuse matters.

If the light/lamp was CAN Bus enabled then it would have a CAN Bus node intelligent communications ability to send messages back and forth to the body computer. Some complete light clusters in some cars have this but at an individual bulb/LED level they are just bulbs and power loads.

In all Fiats that I know about etc. then the bulb failure, missing, etc. errors are triggered because the bulb/LED/whatever is not drawing a recognised current. This is why many LED replacements need ballast load resistors to not trigger any errors.

It really *isses me off that many companies / sellers state CAN ........ when all they are saying is that their device will not trigger an error condition in the body computer that may/or may not be delivered by a CAN msg to the user interface.

Can I just say their is no such thing as a CAN Bus LED. Please let us not confuse matters.

If the light/lamp was CAN Bus enabled then it would have a CAN Bus node intelligent communications ability to send messages back and forth to the body computer. Some complete light clusters in some cars have this but at an individual bulb/LED level they are just bulbs and power loads.

In all Fiats that I know about etc. then the bulb failure, missing, etc. errors are triggered because the bulb/LED/whatever is not drawing a recognised current. This is why many LED replacements need ballast load resistors to not trigger any errors.

It really *isses me off that many companies / sellers state CAN ........ when all they are saying is that their device will not trigger an error condition in the body computer that may/or may not be delivered by a CAN msg to the user interface.
Well if a said you can’t just say you have now anyway …:LOL:;)

Well if a said you can’t just say you have now anyway …:LOL:;)
"Your welcome" as the Yanks would say. :) I meant no offence or picking on you/others but incorrect terminology / descriptions etc. are sadly creeping into all of us. Most, if not all of this is actually triggered by companies incorrectly naming/describing their products and once done they all seem to jump on the band wagon and then the likes of us then incorrectly pick these up. I'm guilty as well!

"Your welcome" as the Yanks would say. :) I meant no offence or picking on you/others but incorrect terminology / descriptions etc. are sadly creeping into all of us. Most, if not all of this is actually triggered by companies incorrectly naming/describing their products and once done they all seem to jump on the band wagon and then the likes of us then incorrectly pick these up. I'm guilty as well!
🤣As they say in Scotland “enjoy yer night mate”

Yeah Led as standard needed a resistor fitted just so it didnt flag up an error on dash :)
Hi Ripshot

Sorry to dig up an old post like this but I'm late to the party!

Could you link or suggest the resistor kit that you used, please? I've wanted to do this to mine for a long time!

Other than that they were a direct swap?

Back