Styling Rear light modification

Currently reading:
Styling Rear light modification

So we're these painted on the outside of the light cluster? Or inside?
I have black 500 and I don't like the white edge- but I do like the idea of the chrome surrounded with black...

I have been playing with the rear lights again. I took the painted ones out for the MOT a couple of months ago and never got around to putting them back in. I then decided that they needed doing properly, so I took them apart to paint them on the inside of the light. This is not an easy job I have tried it before and have broken the outer plastic bubble/lens twice. This time I managed to get them off without breaking/cracking them. I painted the chrome inside of the lens black, painted the chrome ring red and I painted the lens/bubble just around the outside where the original white plastic is. I also tinted the indicator side with some light tinting film that is actually road legal in the UK according to the manufacturer. The only job now is to seal up the lights and put them in the car.
I think will look a lot better on my black car than the standard lights.

Here are a couple of photos, the first is of the inside of the light compared to the inside of a standard light and the second is of the whole unit.

8205131467_18ca0bc24e_z.jpg

8205128519_1948a2018a_z.jpg

I fitted them to my very very dirty car this morning.
The photo is very bad but I will get a better one done on the proper camera this afternoon.
8207369793_ee5f66389c_b.jpg

Yes but I have eaten all the chocolates.

I fitted them to my very very dirty car this morning.
The photo is very bad but I will get a better one done on the proper camera this afternoon.
8207369793_ee5f66389c_b.jpg

Crikey if that's very very dirty I've been driving a mobile slurry tank!

Those bumper trims make it look like you have 10 parking sensors fitted :D

Seriously, those rear lights look :cool:

Back