Technical Rear foglights -how to remove?

Currently reading:
Technical Rear foglights -how to remove?

The handbook says 'go to dealer' but there must be a way of getting to the lights to replace bulb (active model).
Do you have to take off the bumper? both the black part and the coloured part? is it accessible from underneath the car if its on a ramp.?
Any advice welcome before I go to the dealer!

The handbook says 'go to dealer' but there must be a way of getting to the lights to replace bulb (active model).
Do you have to take off the bumper? both the black part and the coloured part? is it accessible from underneath the car if its on a ramp.?
Any advice welcome before I go to the dealer!

I haven't actually done it, but I've had a look. If you lie on the ground, you can get a hand up to the back of the lamp. I think there's enough room to remove the bulb holder, but it might be hard to put it back. Carefully have a go, but dont force anything. The worst that can happen then is you have to get the garage to put it back.

When I replaced mine, I had to take down the bottom part of the bumper ( black plastic where the foglights and the licence plate is located,not the whole bumper ) because one of the screws was from the inside

Just lie underneath your back bumper and feel for the wires that go upto the fog light. Its very simple just then turn the bulb holder to release it from light. There is NO need to take to dealer or remove any part of the bumper. I've replaced my red fog light with the clear euro reverse light and even managed to change the light without removing the bumper.

I have also replaced the whole fog light, but as i said one of the screws was placed wrong

The rear fog has gone on ours, shortly after a very slight impact to the rear that left "no" damage. I had a quick look under there today and it looks like its going to be very awkward to get to. Will report back on the weekend when I have time to get right under..

I too have changed the red light for white one and can confirm i did so without removing bumper or lower trim,prepare for a few awkward positions though !!

do yourself a favour though and download the eLearn Bravo Handbook, I think its still on this forum somewhere?

Anyways I've found that real useful!

I too have changed the red light for white one and can confirm i did so without removing bumper or lower trim,prepare for a few awkward positions though !!

Hi, what fog lamp bulb did you put in yours as I have a red led one that doesn't fit too well and is constantly on a tiny bit plus throws up a fault on dash. I'm assuming it lights up a touch as the car must send a small signal round all the bulbs to see if they are working but not strong enough for a standard bulb to light up.

Back