Technical Rear Demister???

Currently reading:
Technical Rear Demister???

Good Evening

The rear demister on my sons Punto doesn't work as it should. Only three elements work, two at the bottom and one at the top, everything in between is dead. Is there a fix for this without replacing the rear window?

Thank you!

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
If when you put the rear demister on - its cleared 3 lines

it means the following is good
Fuse
Relay - Low and High
The earth
The power feed

The actual problem will be with pure and simply the rear screen, the elements are very fine wire like - but its not wire if that makes sense

people wipe the rear screens up and down = Snap snap snap of them
People who go gently side to side, stand a better chance not to damage them

My personal advice is if it works fine - let it always do the work for you

Try a repair, but i didnt have success with it
Make sure you get fresh fresh stuff, they do go solid if its been stood on shelf

Ziggy

Good Evening

The rear demister on my sons Punto doesn't work as it should. Only three elements work, two at the bottom and one at the top, everything in between is dead. Is there a fix for this without replacing the rear window?

Thank you!

All the elements are intact, no breaks, I've been Googling and some rear demisters have a relay, does the Punto???

If some elements work, then it is not a power supply problem, it is broken elements. You will need to look carefully from both inside and outside the window to identify the breaks.

If some elements work, then it is not a power supply problem, it is broken elements. You will need to look carefully from both inside and outside the window to identify the breaks.

There is very little testing you can do as well due to the way it works, ^^ Breaks can be fractional too! very hard to spot. Outside you may see a darker orange section but inside its still solid black - there is the break

Power is 1 side - big fat track running up and down
Earth is the other side - big fat track

The thin lines are all parrellel - the multimeter testing is pointless as it just routes via a good track - observation from above's quote and you should find it

Ziggy

Its on a timed relay
When you switch it on itll keep the light on the dashboard at all times till the car is off ir the button is pressed

The rear screen then is timed ir controlled by ecu, so itll keep going on and off while u drive

How to tell when it switched off - a loud relay click will be heard, when u press the button u dont hear that click

When its on press the button u will hear that nice click as relay engages

Ziggy

Back