General Rear brake pads and discs hell

Currently reading:
General Rear brake pads and discs hell

jasongawn1975

Hi everyone im a newbie to your site and would like your advise please, I have a 2006 2.2 petrol and need to change the rear brake pads and discs, ive started on the drivers side and found that the piston winds in clockwise, does the passenger side do the same or is it anti-clockwise as some people on hear seem to think so? now im having massive troubles with getting the caliper housing off as they are torx bolts E18 they are getting chewed up and now even mole grips aint working, any other ideas on how im going to change the disc? Ive had nothing but trouble with this car since day one so far ive changed the drivers side rear spring as it was broken both rear shocks as the passanger side was doing nothing and since they have been changed the passenger rear tyre is rubbing on the body resulting in the cord showing, so now im guessing the tracking needs doing all help welcomed please :mad:

Hi everyone im a newbie to your site and would like your advise please, I have a 2006 2.2 petrol and need to change the rear brake pads and discs, ive started on the drivers side and found that the piston winds in clockwise, does the passenger side do the same or is it anti-clockwise as some people on hear seem to think so? now im having massive troubles with getting the caliper housing off as they are torx bolts E18 they are getting chewed up and now even mole grips aint working, any other ideas on how im going to change the disc? Ive had nothing but trouble with this car since day one so far ive changed the drivers side rear spring as it was broken both rear shocks as the passanger side was doing nothing and since they have been changed the passenger rear tyre is rubbing on the body resulting in the cord showing, so now im guessing the tracking needs doing all help welcomed please :mad:

:) So thought id share my susses as no one got back to the bolts are covered in lock tight so with a blow torch the bolts came undone no problems

Back