Rear Brake Caliper?

Currently reading:
Rear Brake Caliper?

gengis

Must be the season for caliper problems. Using the HGT over the weekend for a forty mile trip, on the way home I noticed a squeek..squeek..squeek coming from the rear o/s. Pulling the handbrake up slightly it disappeared, then when I got home I felt the rear hub...hot, hotter than normal. Methinks gummed up and binding slightly.

Had a wee keek at it tonight,..wheel turns no bother,..apply handbrake on/off, still wheel turns no bother..no binding!

On closer inspection the outboard pad was slightly wedge shape on the horizontal plane..mmm. Having a closer look at the mounting/sliding pins, it is apparent that they are different.

Top Pin - Parallel pin with grease flutes along it's length, good snug fit in insert within the yoke.

Bottom Pin - Is a stepped pin (like a palm tree trunk) with four distinct steps, going up in size by 0.2 mm increments to a total diameter that is still 0.2 less than the top pin, therefore a bit of a clearance when fully home.

Has anyone noticed this? or has anyone access to a parts manual to check this is a genuine part? and not a rouge part fiited.

i had fiat marea weekend callipers and they wernt like that, they were the same as mings. would just get a set of them seem to be less problems.

Back