General Really upset-but my 4x4 has to go......

Currently reading:
General Really upset-but my 4x4 has to go......

Hi chaps,
very bad news. My wife and I were the first to the scene of a tragic road accident last Saturday night.

It was out in the sticks and a guy basically died while I was talking to him, but we managed to get his family out of the car before the fire cought and then put the fire out etc.

However, this being a small car (micra) has made my wife feel really unhappy about my driving the Panda 4x4. She has asked me to sell it and get something a lot bigger and safer.
Unfortunately I can completely understand and sort of feel the same. (the merc involved was in good shape and the people walked out of it)

Where is the best place to sell my Panda?
Im just gutted after spending so much time effort and money on it that ive only got to drive it for such a short time.

Its a 1988 with 64k with pretty much all the history,mot's etc. Metalic Grey (can of paint included), bars and spots.
Ive just changed the oil, and flushed etc.
Changed the oil filter, air filter, plugs, dizzy cap, rotor arm.
Fuel filter and new leads in boxes.
Ive tidied up most of the problem rust.
Changed all of the bulbs.
Fitted an after market inclineometer.
Sorted the timing out.
Changed the wiper blades.
Had a little precautionary wealding done.
Replaced the tailgate strut.
Rubbed down and re-painted and laqured the wheels.....

Ive also got a tow bar in the boot which I havent fitted - and ill throw in all the Panda related stuff ive bought I suppose.

Stuff to do:
To be honest the passenger door will need looking at some point and the drivers door will need attention a bit later after that. The rear sunroof keeps the rain out but was my next project. The bull bars need a rub down and a re paint at some point. - basically no show stoppers.

It had a new cam belt and front pads just before I bought it this summer.

Does anyone on here want it - id rather it went to a good home.
I dont mind driving somewhere within reason.

If not where to sell it - probably try Loot?

Cheers
Very sad Jonathan :(

Last edited:
I would take the £250, I don't think the owners of Ebay will swap for a Panda.

Thats horrific! Thankfully not a situation most of us find ourselves in though, you seem to have handled it very well. Well done to you!

4x4 panda's are become quite collectable now, £250 seems too little for it. How about keeping it just as a hobby car?

Ebay it looks like then - ill give it a good clean at the weekend and take some pics. Im probrbly going to have a reserve on though.

Might sell the haynes and porter manuals seperately.

Im going to miss this little car, its loads of fun.

There is a 88 4x4 on there at the mo @ £470 and its still got 4 days to go!
There was one lest week that went up to £890 but the winner was a scamer but ther was one person that was willing to pay up to £850! :eek:

I paid £525 for mine but is in very good condision and has a load of silily bits although its not actualy one. Not sure weather I paid over the odds or not yet though.

If the one on Ebay goes for more than that Ill not worry (only £55 short currently)

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Its difficult to really get the idea of the condition.

Ive had a busy weekend so it will have to be next week now when im off work. However Id better sort it soon as im currently (kiss of death) winning an auction for a Stilo to replace it as my daily transport.

cheers
Jonathan

Back