Technical re: engine swaps

Currently reading:
Technical re: engine swaps

boysiejucaban

re: engine swaps

hi,
i was just wondering if anyone has documentation on how to install a honda b16a motor on an x19. i'm planning to swap out the motor in my 77 lancia scorpion. i know i don't have an x19 but the scorpion is almost the same platform as the x19. i know because i use some x19 suspension parts on my scorpion also the twin cam from the scorpion is also a perfect option for an engine swap on the x19. any information on the swap would be greatly appreciated. no one i know has ever done this swap on a scorpion/montecarlo before so i'm assuming it would be a first. i have the donor car already but my problem would be the drivetrain and gearshift... i know that it would be a bit sacrilegious to put a honda motor on an italian classic but i want taller gear ratios and reliability... any help please???

Re: engine swaps

thanks guys wow.... next big project.... the wiring and the axles are gonna be difficult but... hey... the pay off is huge... thanks again guys....

Re: engine swaps

has anybody ever actually done this swap on a lancia scorpion before? i was just wondering... cuz if not then i guess i would be the first one to attempt this. sorry for bothering but the lancia forums wouldn't even think of considering such a swap... i see nothing wrong with it but i've built up a 2L block with a 1.8L head, it was okay but i want more power without sacrificing reliability... don't get me wrong.. the engine was dead reliable but i had to retard the timing because of the compression ration being too high with the high dome pistons... just wondering if some lancia guy has done this swap... reading through the forums make me want to buy an x19, not much different than the lancia scorpion... a bit more parts too... hmmm... bertone vs pininfarina...
hope i find some resources for the actual lancia swap... thanks again guys... at least i have a baseline for my swap...

Back