500 Rattling noise- What is it?!

Currently reading:
500 Rattling noise- What is it?!

KatieAnnO

So I recently bought a second hand Fiat 500 1.2 Pop and it makes the rattling sound from the left front passenger side. Possibly under the car in that area? I can't distinguish where it is coming from but it only happens when I am starting off or driving slowly. Any ideas on what could this be?

Thank you.

Katie

So I recently bought a second hand Fiat 500 1.2 Pop and it makes the rattling sound from the left front passenger side. Possibly under the car in that area? I can't distinguish where it is coming from but it only happens when I am starting off or driving slowly. Any ideas on what could this be?

Thank you.

Katie

Hello and welcome to the forum :wave:.

Sorry to hear you're concerned about your 500.

Without actually hearing it, there are many possible causes, though it's unlikely to be anything really serious. If you've only just got the car, I'd suggest in the first instance taking it back to the place you bought it from.

Last edited:
Hello and welcome to the forum :wave:.

Sorry to hear you're concerned about your 500.

Without actually hearing it, there are many possible causes, though it's unlikely to be anything really serious. If you've only just got the car, I'd suggest in the first instance taking it back to the place you bought it from.

I wonder if there is a way I can post a video on here. But yes I will try that. I just wondered if was something others have had issues with. It kind of sounds like something is loose. I saw someone say something about their knocks causing it?

I wonder if there is a way I can post a video on here. But yes I will try that. I just wondered if was something others have had issues with. It kind of sounds like something is loose. I saw someone say something about their knocks causing it?

I think you may mean 'shocks' :).

Yes, it could be - but it could also be droplinks, suspension mounts, loose trim, brakes, etc... without seeing the car, diagnosing this from a keyboard is a bit like buying a ticket in a sweepstake & hoping you picked the right one.

Why not take it to someone who knows what they're doing and get it checked out - it'll likely be a simple fault that can be fixed easily and cheaply. If you got any kind of warranty with the car, that should take care of it.

I think you may mean 'shocks' :).

Yes, it could be - but it could also be droplinks, suspension mounts, loose trim, brakes, etc... without seeing the car, diagnosing this from a keyboard is a bit like buying a ticket in a sweepstake & hoping you picked the right one.

Why not take it to someone who knows what they're doing and get it checked out - it'll likely be a simple fault that can be fixed easily and cheaply. If you got any kind of warranty with the car, that should take care of it.

Haha yes that is what I meant!

Ok I will take it to someone to check out.

Thank you

Back