Technical Radio shuts off after 20mins

Currently reading:
Technical Radio shuts off after 20mins

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶

Yarpie

In a 2017 Ducato campervan the radio runs for 20 mins then shuts off - obv a power saving feature; but can I just rewire direct off a battery supply, or is this a feature of the radio itself that I may not be able to fettle?

There are 2 feeds one is permanent 12v the other only live with ignition on,
the permanent feed allows you to have the radio on with ignition off but only
for 20 min at a time the feed from the ignition should allow the radio to stay
on till you turn ign off, if it is acting like this it's normal if you are only getting
20 min with ignition on then you could have a blown fuse, I haven't a clue were
this would be on your vehicle but if you have a diagram or maybe there will
be a plan on the inside of the fuse box lid, there should be 2 one for each circuit.

Looks like later radios can be altered to camper van settings via the radio buttons

Instructions for the 2012 are in the last page of the link I posted earlier

The owner manual should have the current instruction if different

From another forum but will probably depend on head unit fitted

We have a 2012 van where the radio turned off after 20 mins. I managed to change this to 180 mins by doing the following.
Turn radio on using central button. Within 15 seconds simultaneously press FM AS and preset button 2.
Each time this pair of buttons is pressed, the display will alternate between Normal power mode and Camper power mode.
Ensure Camper power mode is displayed then press Menu.
Using the up and down button now changes the display to show various adjustable items. Cycle through the options until Radio Off and a number of minutes is shown on the display. This will take approximately 2 presses of the up button or 7 of the down button.
With Radio off shown on the display press the left or right button. Each press will alter the number of minutes 180 and 0.
With 180 showing, the setting is complete and 3 hours of radio operation can be enjoyed.
Press the power button to exit the menu and return the display to normal.

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶
Back