General Radio fault?

Currently reading:
General Radio fault?

twobigdogs

Strange thing happened today. While driving with radio on the volume started to fade up and down then started losing the signal. Switching stations made one station clear and another very faint. Switching off made no difference. Acted like it had no ariel fitted. Was like this all day. Later in the day it was all back to normal. Is this a sign of some impending radio doom? Will wait and see

Strange thing happened today. While driving with radio on the volume started to fade up and down then started losing the signal. Switching stations made one station clear and another very faint. Switching off made no difference. Acted like it had no ariel fitted. Was like this all day. Later in the day it was all back to normal. Is this a sign of some impending radio doom? Will wait and see

I once lost all of my DAB stations, never to return. The dealer replaced the uConnect unit under the warranty, together with the AERIEL. I also completely lost signal to the Satnav during one journey. Makes me wonder if there is an issue with the aeriel that we are unaware of.

I might be having the same issues as my DAB (was never that great) has decided it doesn't really want to bother with picking up DAB any longer or just occasionally if it feels inclined. AM and FM are very good so assume its not the ariel.

We don't have DAB here, but I assume it's a digital broadcast, right? So maybe there's some sort of decoder/receiver within the unit that is faulty and could be replaced separately?

We don't have DAB here, but I assume it's a digital broadcast, right? So maybe there's some sort of decoder/receiver within the unit that is faulty and could be replaced separately?

They replaced my entire head unit, but there may be a cheaper option. Definitely worth bringing up under the warranty

Had my service this month and pointed out DAB radio had completely gone when car is started, turns out its something wrong with the antenna/aerial and this is being ordered in.

Handle broke as well which also has to be ordered in

Back