General radiator fan not switching please assist

Currently reading:
General radiator fan not switching please assist

palio baby

Good evening. i have purchased a second hand 1.2mpi El yesterday and found radiator fan not switcing on , when i remove the plug from the 3 pin temp sensor fan works ,but plug in the temp sensor only heat gauge goes nearly red then i rather switch off engine , can any one please assist with advise

Good evening. i have purchased a second hand 1.2mpi El yesterday and found radiator fan not switcing on , when i remove the plug from the 3 pin temp sensor fan works ,but plug in the temp sensor only het gauge goes nearly redf then i rather switch off engine , can any one please assist with advise
Is it possible the radiator is blocked and not circulating well enough near the sensor but the engine is getting hot.
Do you have access to a laser temp tester, one you just aim at an area to read temp?

radiator is evenly warm , i have bled the cooling system so no bubbles come out and a solid stream of water from bleeding screw. when i re attach the temp switch plug , the engine still runs hot in 10 min and fan does not engage ,but as soon as i unplug the temp switch the fan automatically engages

radiator is evenly warm , i have bled the cooling system so no bubbles come out and a solid stream of water from bleeding screw. when i re attach the temp switch plug , the engine still runs hot in 10 min and fan does not engage ,but as soon as i unplug the temp switch the fan automatically engages
When you bled system was there any air and if so have you checked again since.
If no bubbles and no loss of coolant then presumably a faulty sensor or bad wiring to it.
Any chance of a code reader that gives engine temp etc to compare?

When you bled system was there any air and if so have you checked again since.
If no bubbles and no loss of coolant then presumably a faulty sensor or bad wiring to it.
Any chance of a code reader that gives engine temp etc to compare?
no code reader available currently , is there a way to bypass radiator fan to switch manualy and still keep temp sensor engaged ?

Back