Technical Rad Fluid?

Currently reading:
Technical Rad Fluid?

2 quick questions:

1) i presume its not a good idea to mix old and new rad fluid?
2) if im right above, how do i drain the old rad fluid to put the new in? (on a cinq)

regards,
GhostWKD

Cinquecento Sporting,
and yes it is indeed Broom Yellow \o/

Only mod so far, poppy coral air freshener :D

1, nope

2, Pretty easy, just follow the haynes manual

Matt

Signature space for rent, reasonable rates, apply within.

While most Cinqs are unreliable...mines just taking the pi55

To drain the old stuff, undo the rad bottom hose and drain the old stuff out....slowly.

Rad bottom hose should be held in by a jubilee clip on the RHS of the rad..side nearest yu looking at the engine.

Tom (AofB)

Pedal to the metal? ....My Gearbox is on the floor!!!

Stands is probably best....could be done with car on the ground, but if yure doing that, yu might fancy removing (or pivoting) the bumper.

You can access the coolant hose with the car on the ground...it'd just be much easier with it on stands.

Another point about flushing. Haynes says its best to circulate a steady flow of water around the system, but flusing the engine and the rad as two parts. To disconnect the eng. from the rad, disconnect the top hose too.

Flush the rad with water from top to bottom (water in top, out bottom hoses) unless its in a bad state, when backflushing it (bottom to top) might be better. It doesnt matter which way the engine is flushed - Just stick the hose in and wait for water to come out of the other.

Tom (AofB)

OE jack is always helpful in that situation...I used mine to hold my engine in whilst using the trolley for the Gearbox...

Tom (AofB)

Originally posted by fixitagaintomorrow
Originally posted by custard boy
can you still get the trolley jack under it or do you use the OE jack to lift it high enuf to put the trolley under?been there with a few low cars:D

I lift the driver's side wing up and kick the trolley jack into place!!

Pete.

the joys of a lightweight car :)

- - Donz - -

Back