R12mus

Currently reading:
R12mus

R12MUS

Established member
omg hey guys,

not been on here in AGESSSSSSSSSSSS!

Im looking to buy either an mx5 mgf mgzs or something like that! then im taking a gap year and traveling round the world in it and making a video out of it. im gona change the look of the car so it looks like a new car and ill do it all myself and get sponsored on the way if u guys remeber i talked about this before.

Thanks

Remus

Last edited by a moderator:
a) are you insured at your age to drive abroad

b) your not gonna get much stuff in a little roadter like the mx5 mgf, maybe in the zs

c) insurance could be quite pricey for you

d) how are you going to change it to look like a new car

e) will some of the sponsorship be going to a charity

f) insurance on the cars could be quite costly

g) reliability could maybe be a issue

good luck though (y)

Interesting, why would you want to buy a MX5/MGF/MGZS to travel round the world in - MGF/MX5 are hardly practical and I presume an MGZS is one of the crap rover saloons they cobbled together before the company died. What I think would be more practical is something large for gear and robust with good parts availability around the globe. Getting some weapons and survial training might be a good idea too if you haven't already got it if you really are travelling the globe so when you're getting chased by bandits you might stand a chance. Perhaps an old Merc or maybe a Landrover would fit the bill. Also if you're going to drive around the world what would be the point of doing the car up like new; who is going to sponser you to do up one of the cars mentioned and for what reason??

lol i missed the jokes i get from here:

well i want a the mx5 or mgf as they are so much fun to drive and i want it for now and for after the trip also i dont need bags i can just put stuff in the boot and stuff, also thinking of doing this with a few mates not just me. Insurance isnt too bad for those cars... £2000. and the insurance abroad wont be that much more. Not sure who will sponsor me yet as i avent even gone that far. and yes i think most of the money will go to charity... i am a charity man as i did a 40 mile walk for charity and raised £400.00

I want the car to look like a new car... by that i dont mean the same car but new... i wana make it look like a different car, one that u look at and think F*CK ME... THATS NICE... WHAT IS IT??? lol and you can do so much to those cars.. therefore being the main reason why i chose those cars lol

It will be a great expereince and a lot of fun. I do no how to survive btw lol i walked in the RAF for a while and learnt quite a bit from that. I want to make this whole thing in to a show.

On a really serious note... do you think ppl would watch a show of a 3 cars that travel round the world.. it will start from buying the car too the end of the trip? please no stupid answers on this one!

thanks guys

Remus

p.s Dave can u unblock my main thread now? its been long enough, no?

On a really serious note... do you think ppl would watch a show of a 3 cars that travel round the world.. it will start from buying the car too the end of the trip? please no stupid answers on this one!

In a word no. Look how dull long way down was, and that featured a hollywood star. Now watching a show about a few lads driving a car about isn't going to pull the numbers in. You might be better off getting a decent cam and knocking it together on Youtube. I reckon you should take an old roller people recognise that and will gawp at you in it and go what the **** is that while you waft along drinking tea in the back.

ignore the ignorant, the ZS is a great car. double wishbone suspension and poly bushes as standard make it handle better than anything fiat have ever sold (except maybe the coupe). the legendary k-series engine makes them nippy and fun without killing you on insurance or fuel costs.

to be honest i'm watching loads of them in my ebay. i want a saloon version, mk1 or mk2 i dont mind. the mk2 with V6 bodykit is a sexy car. they're real bargain car these days. £2k will get you a mint low mileage mk1. i've seen very good 2003 models going for £1650!

RGS-0701-265.jpg

DSC05811.JPG

anyone who doesnt resepct the ZS's ability obviously hasn't driven one, or even been a passenger. yes its based on a very dated platform, but that means its had a lot of evolution and development to become the ZS. it will beat most things in its class in most ways, the only bad aspect is the interior's slightly cheap feel and the boyracer image.

the MGF and MX5 are both great cars, but at your age you'll pay more insurance than i would be willing to even on a 1.6 model. for travelling they are not practicle, fitting a bit of asda shopping in the boot is difficult enough. i might be buying an MGF VVC on thursday ;)

Last edited:
lol ok jug ur convincing me to go for the zs lol

anyways i went to swope my car with a mx5 the other day until i was about to sign it and he asked wat i wana do with the number plate?

turns out i cant put the R12MUS plate on a J reg :( that sucks so im now selling the car again lol and need to find either the mx5 or a nice zs... dont like the mg as the clutches are horrible. ye the mx5 isnt practical but its so much bloody fun. Im not gona need more seats yet lol not expecting my gf to be poping any babys out yet lol, i suspose they cud fit on the back ontop of the rack on the boot lool

but ye i dont no now jug as made me confused.com ... sorry i had to lol

Im so upset tho... i shud be the owner of a mazda mx5 :( btw anyone want anything off my car lol i took the neons off which av sold already lol the rear boot build with 800watt sub, two sony 6x9s and blue neon light that fits perfectly in the mk2 punto? lol got springs and subframe... need to put it in the classfields section one day this week maybe

thanks

stuff like this costs MONEY - LOTS OF IT

(then again, you may already have realised this)

no way could you make enough money from sponsors to cover your costs, unless a)you had an absolutely awesome reason/theme (a fun trip round the world is not a good enough reason) for charity.
or b) you spent so much money on the cars and trip that sponsors would be begging you to put their stickers all over your souped up, awesome looking cars. Im talking really really awesome, like a 300-400bhp ZS with uprated everything. (show cars will not hack it, especially bad ones with neons)
and even then, you would have to pay most of the costs.

you need a bullet-proof reliable car, so maybe the ZS will be ok... dunno

you need protection.

what do you think a trip like this costs? a circumnavigation of the world by car im thinking at least £15,000 - more like £20-30k by the time you have factored absolutely everything in, including the cost of the car's bodykit/etc/etc/etc:rolleyes:

if you manage to pull this off, i will be pleasantly surprised :)

Last edited:
I have done a bit of driving around the continent on own and with a mate and believe me it isnt as fun as it sounds.

expect 12/13 hour days at least just solid driving, then theres the language problems, and if you are off round the world then expect a ''nice'' car to be stolen in some areas, im thinking you might/will die in South Africa if i am honest

Dont forget all the jabs and injections you will need to have as well.

This is what planes are for - to travel around the world.

No one in the land is going to seriously sponsor you for this trip. You are just a young boy/girl at the end of the day, you havent done anything famous, or are the offspring of someone famous, you have nothing to give to them and arent commercially appealing. You havent even got a plan together

2k insurance for a 16 year old mx5 is a disgrace in its own right. Thats how much it probably cost me to go to prague and back in my old astra! To fund a trip like this you would need to be a multi millionaire

Stop living in cloud cookoo land

Last edited:
ignore the ignorant, the ZS is a great car. double wishbone suspension and poly bushes as standard make it handle better than anything fiat have ever sold (except maybe the coupe). the legendary k-series engine makes them nippy and fun without killing you on insurance or fuel costs.

to be honest i'm watching loads of them in my ebay. i want a saloon version, mk1 or mk2 i dont mind. the mk2 with V6 bodykit is a sexy car. they're real bargain car these days. £2k will get you a mint low mileage mk1. i've seen very good 2003 models going for £1650!

RGS-0701-265.jpg

DSC05811.JPG

anyone who doesnt resepct the ZS's ability obviously hasn't driven one, or even been a passenger. yes its based on a very dated platform, but that means its had a lot of evolution and development to become the ZS. it will beat most things in its class in most ways, the only bad aspect is the interior's slightly cheap feel and the boyracer image.

the MGF and MX5 are both great cars, but at your age you'll pay more insurance than i would be willing to even on a 1.6 model. for travelling they are not practicle, fitting a bit of asda shopping in the boot is difficult enough. i might be buying an MGF VVC on thursday ;)

800px-04-Pontiac-GTO.jpg

that's the newest pontiac gto which in my mind looks like a rover 75/mg ZS. hardly the worst comparison on the rover/mg side bit of a downer for the pontiac owner though:p

anyway to the op wouldn't you be better off entering one of these budget rallys where you take a cheap car. i'd imagine there may be some for not just budget cars too. also there's safety in numbers and it might help if your car breaksdown in the middle of nowhere. when it comes down to it, it all depends upon money.

Last edited:
ok guys the sponsor bit wasnt to pay for all of u ti twit... i think i no its not gona be anywhere near possible to pay for the whole thing, im paying most of it... well my parents are gona give me a few grands... please u think im stupid dont u... im 18 btw just so u no... im setting it all up and might go in january or next summer.. not sure yet!

you wont go at all as you wont be able to get european cover as you have to have liscence for 3 years and be over 21

Last edited:
It admirable that you're thinking about doing this, I wonder if it'll ever happen. How much planning you done? I was reading an interview in the Metro from a chap who was seeking motor racing sponsorship and said he had hundreads of knock backs so getting sponsership of any worth could be difficult. There's a chap on here who does a bit of this sort of thing, think he's in the USA at the mo, maybe he can offer some advice.

Maybe a herse would make a suitable vehicle, loads of space and sleeping bay as standard. Ignore the delusional, the Rover ZS does drive better than it looks which is a good thing because it couldn't look any worse than it does, next thing someone will suggest you by a KIA Cee'd.

Last edited:
Back