Quote me happy?

Currently reading:
Quote me happy?

MarshallM

Hi guys,

I'm going to take my Punto down to a local garage in Ipswich to see how much it'll cost for them to fit central locking (maybe an alarm, remote locking too). Before I go and get ripped off, I was wondering if anyone could estimate a rough cost? :)

Thanks!

Matt

Thanks guys - even knew what car I had!!!

I guess what I'll do is take it to a garage and ask - I'll say if any of the wiring is in it. Though it's a Mia so it's very stripped back. :(

Heard about those - infact I did bid on one on ebay a while back but didn't win!

I'd assume they all fit? I was thinking with a universal kit it may need tweaking or something. Guess I could buy one and if I can't, pop down to the garage and ask them!

Heard about those - infact I did bid on one on ebay a while back but didn't win!

I'd assume they all fit? I was thinking with a universal kit it may need tweaking or something. Guess I could buy one and if I can't, pop down to the garage and ask them!

its quite easy. the only problem is there are no grommets/holes along the edge of the door on a mk2 for you to feed your wire through, but other than that its pretty straight forward.

maplin also sell them and an alarm that will remotely activate the central locking with the keyfob...

http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?ModuleNo=219353&doy=1m11

http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?ModuleNo=12303&doy=1m11

Hmm now I have to decide if I should give it a go or get a garage to do it. :) Thanks for finding me those products, guess I shall have a think about it and hopefully get it done before Xmas either way!

i have a plug and play mk2 punto meta kit at home with 2 remotes... took me litrally 30 seconds to remove... shouldn't take more than ten mins to install... just four wires on top of the plug and play bit (although i'm not sure where they go) :eek:

A lot different problem to original post. I need a timing belt replaced on my Stilo and after going round to main Fiat dealers and getting crazy quotes close to 400 pounds, I went to Avanti Auto Ipswich and got a quote nearly 200 quid cheaper, now question is, what is there to do in Ipswich while I give the car in!

Back