Technical "quiet" beep signal "random"

Currently reading:
Technical "quiet" beep signal "random"

gpierick

Having a 2014 Ducato 2.3 I noticed several times a "quiet" beep. There is no message indicated on the console, neither a error readable with ODB2.
The original radio with additional unit for phone integration is removed.

Read serval post with more or less the same problem without a solution.
The sound leven is much lower than the no buckle alarm sound.

The bus has no other electronics or equipment what kan beep.

Hopefully someone nows the answer to this miracle.

regards,
Gert-Jan

Hi, no alarm sysgem, yes a webasto is build in. As far as I know no separate battery for the webasto. Have to investigate that.

Having a 2014 Ducato 2.3 I noticed several times a "quiet" beep. There is no message indicated on the console, neither a error readable with ODB2.
The original radio with additional unit for phone integration is removed.

Read serval post with more or less the same problem without a solution.
The sound leven is much lower than the no buckle alarm sound.

The bus has no other electronics or equipment what kan beep.

Hopefully someone nows the answer to this miracle.

regards,
Gert-Jan
In my 2006 x244, I can somtimes hear a relay "click" from the dash, when the ignition has not been on. None of the basic relays could operate with the ignition off. Perhaps there is something hidden in the instrument panel that is operated by, or part of the service interval counter? My vehicle is fitted with an aftermarket alarm, but the main unit is at the front of the engine bay.

I am tempted to wonder if what I have heard, is an earlier version of the mystery beep.

I've checked on some Polish forums, there are several threads, mostly about Alfas, saying that the instrument panel communicates errors with such beeps. Perhaps so does the Ducato panel.

Is your van the x250, or the x290? 2014 is the year they 'changed' the model. But pre-lifting x290s most likely have the same electrics/electronics as the post-lifting x250s.

As far as I remember, my post-lifting x250 beeps not only on the seatbelt, but also on the headlights and the handbrake. I don't have it around, so cannot check if those beeps are the same...

Service interval? Trip A or trip B mileage arrived to the limit? Frost warning (at below +3 degrees)?

What program you've used to read the error codes?

I've checked on some Polish forums, there are several threads, mostly about Alfas, saying that the instrument panel communicates errors with such beeps. Perhaps so does the Ducato panel.

Is your van the x250, or the x290? 2014 is the year they 'changed' the model. But pre-lifting x290s most likely have the same electrics/electronics as the post-lifting x250s.

As far as I remember, my post-lifting x250 beeps not only on the seatbelt, but also on the headlights and the handbrake. I don't have it around, so cannot check if those beeps are the same...

Service interval? Trip A or trip B mileage arrived to the limit? Frost warning (at below +3 degrees)?

Sorry for the late response, been bit busy with other things.
It is a x250.
It beeps indeed on more than the seatbelt only, but that it a really load beep. My undefined beeps are much more quit and most of the time short-long-short beep. Lately once a two beep signal but can't remember short/long. I't no service interval neither frost.

I use the EOBD Facile app on a Mac

I tried to read the ecu with Multiecuscan, did not work with my ELM v1.4 reader. Bought a KL (VagCom 409) USB interfaces, is been regonized with the software but when I want to read the engine it comes up with a ELM error message. Have to dive in to that now. Sometimes you hope easy things are easy... To be continued

Back