Technical Question for the tubby guys...plenum or bob

Currently reading:
Technical Question for the tubby guys...plenum or bob

Hi people,im wanting to make meself a new bob or plenum(i think its spelt right,i got it from a diff thread)

Q1: Ally or steel?? i would like to use ally as i have a big lenght of 2 1/2" tubing i could attach to a chopped down GSR but i dont have the facilities to weld ally(n)

Q2: How high are the bobs on the turbo cinq's/sie's

Q3:Where would i put a fogger for nitrous??? where the second injector is on the turbo's or within the tubing leading to the bob?

Q4: What thickness ally or steel do you use for the side walls and lid of the bob??

Cheers Tom

1. Steel. The mounting holes may possible be susceptible to fatigue.
2. 50mm max or thereabouts.
3. Top of bob or plenum facing directly into plenum downstream of TB
4. 1.1mm steel is OK. Its not a heavily loaded part.

Well the fogger will be similar to this...
fogger.jpg

Shoul i mount it vertically,horizontally like in the pic or at an angle like the turbo's have.

well ive sorced some stainless sheet. i will make it 50mm high then i can get a length of 1 3/4 stainless exhaust pipe from a scrap bin.Need to roll it into the right diameter then need to get gas for the welder.

99.99999% argon if tig welding try and get some powder flux too coat the internal weld area shoe polish/wash liquid mix will help it stick too the stainless will help you too achive a neat looking weld on the outside aswell ashelping create a stronger than a lap joint full pen weld

Back