Technical Qubo nearside inner cv boot.

Currently reading:
Technical Qubo nearside inner cv boot.

Ashy63

My mechanic is struggling getting hold of a cv boot for the nearside inner transmission cv on my 2012 Qubo. Hes had to resort to a Fiat dealership parts centre but they are struggling to get one, could this be a ploy to make me purchase a new driveshaft ?
Any advice would be gratefully received.

Many thanks,

Andy

My mechanic is struggling getting hold of a cv boot for the nearside inner transmission cv on my 2012 Qubo. Hes had to resort to a Fiat dealership parts centre but they are struggling to get one, could this be a ploy to make me purchase a new driveshaft ?
Any advice would be gratefully received.

Many thanks,

Andy
Last resort if correct boot not available, just fit a universal CV boot kit, it will do the job and most motor factors have them in stock.
It probably will not last as long as a genuine one, but way cheaper than a driveshaft.:)

Last resort if correct boot not available, just fit a universal CV boot kit, it will do the job and most motor factors have them in stock.
It probably will not last as long as a genuine one, but way cheaper than a driveshaft.:)
Hi BugsyMike , thanks for the reply , apparently there are 2 types , I'm not sure which one fits mine , I will look into it though.

Hi BugsyMike , thanks for the reply , apparently there are 2 types , I'm not sure which one fits mine , I will look into it though.
Ask your mechanic if a universal CV boot kit will fit and do the job. If it will physically fit, then all it has to do is keep the oil/grease in and the dirt /water out.;)

Back