- Bucket Seats
- Paint Callipers Blue
- Paint Drums Black

punto112.jpg

punto212.jpg

punto312.jpg

punto410.jpg

punto50.jpg
loud tappets is the tapping noise you hear from the engine, you have to set the valve clearances.
You dont need to set the tappets on a punto they have self adjusting hydraulic tappets.

I used that wynns stuff before, It really wasnt that great but basically getting need oil and filter will help reduce the noise.

You dont need to set the tappets on a punto they have self adjusting hydraulic tappets.

I used that wynns stuff before, It really wasnt that great but basically getting need oil and filter will help reduce the noise.

thats not very clear.

8v engines have solid tappets that need shimmed as brin said.
16v engines have hydraulic tappets. They often sound noisy if they get slightly worn and the wrong grade of oil is used - too thick or thin and the lifters dont fill properly.

When it sounds REALLY loud when first started up on cold mornings, dont drive it hard until the noise goes away. I find that switching off the engine, sitting for a second or two, then restarting makes the problem go away.

OR, buy decent fully synthetic oil and do very regular oil changes and the problem will not show itself as much, if at all.

thats not very clear.

16v engines have hydraulic tappets. They often sound noisy if they get slightly worn and the wrong grade of oil is used - too thick or thin and the lifters dont fill properly.

When it sounds REALLY loud when first started up on cold mornings, dont drive it hard until the noise goes away. I find that switching off the engine, sitting for a second or two, then restarting makes the problem go away.

OR, buy decent fully synthetic oil and do very regular oil changes and the problem will not show itself as much, if at all.

true mate i never get the noise cos i do regular maintanence and oil change, once oil is changed the car always runs smother and sounds better imo

thats not very clear.

Are you not ment to use semi synthetic? What oil would you recommend then 10w40 fully syn?

semi synth for 8vs, fully synth for 16vs.

I use Fuchs Silkolene/Titan pro-s 10-40 in my engine, its been nice and quiet all winter and doesnt use any compared to when i got the car, although the turbo isnt so keen on it - passes the seals at a certain temperature sometimes lol

Aint been on for ages would of had a big update but paid to go on holiday so im pretty skint:mad: But if anyone is interested the update was going to be a donor car...punto GT.

My mate is looking to sell it ASAP so if anyone is interested let me know, just for potential buyers it is a 1996 GT1 with a fully re-built engine with a stage 2 turbo, and it has been bored out to a 1.5! Lots of other mods but cant remember and the important part is its running approx 180hp at wheels according to my mate and i would definatly agree:D after the test drive i went on.

He is looking for £900 quick sale but will consider sensible offers, perfect for engine conversion as body is not in the best condition, the shell has covered 124,000 miles but engine was re-built at 85,000

Aint been on for ages would of had a big update but paid to go on holiday so im pretty skint:mad: But if anyone is interested the update was going to be a donor car...punto GT.

My mate is looking to sell it ASAP so if anyone is interested let me know, just for potential buyers it is a 1996 GT1 with a fully re-built engine with a stage 2 turbo, and it has been bored out to a 1.5! Lots of other mods but cant remember and the important part is its running approx 180hp at wheels according to my mate and i would definatly agree:D after the test drive i went on.

He is looking for £900 quick sale but will consider sensible offers, perfect for engine conversion as body is not in the best condition, the shell has covered 124,000 miles but engine was re-built at 85,000

If only I could insure a GT :( Id bite his arm off to buy that.

NEED a quick answer.....if i was to buy a 4-2-1 SS manifold would this decrease my torque or bhp at all??? Also Nosher should be back around very very soon :D And should be a new mod coming up soon, was thinking the manifold or coileys but would need to sell my current suspension setup, so if anyone is interested let me know

Back