SDC10884.JPG

Puntokris - Civic Type-r ep3 project thread

Introduction

Heres the project thread for my Civic type-r ep3, I bought her nearly two weeks ago and loving every minute. I used to slate these cars because they were so common, but now I own one I can understand why there are so many on the road. Its a brilliant car, well put together, quite quick and very well balanced. The ST has nothing on this.

Heres a quick pic of it at a jap meet on sunday, and outside my house after a coat of dodo juice. I'll keep updating this thread with pics as and when I do different bits to it. Got plenty of plans for this car and a few things on order already ;)

Its already got rear tints and full leather interior (rare on the ep3) and the latest addition of JDM mats.

Watch this space.

rare and expensive! lol was looking for one when i had mine, had go at just respraying centre console and making it gloss black, then sold it before i finished it lol

you like your leather don't ya, better than the gp's though isnt it!

i've just sold the last of my honda parts now went on an ebay binge when i had it!

rare and expensive! lol was looking for one when i had mine, had go at just respraying centre console and making it gloss black, then sold it before i finished it lol

you like your leather don't ya, better than the gp's though isnt it!

i've just sold the last of my honda parts now went on an ebay binge when i had it!

Yea I saw the price of them the other day :spin:
Its the same with most honda parts, everything is so expensive.

My last three cars have had leather, I can't get enough of it! The leather in this is so much better than the leather in the GP. Rare aswell.

Got alot of stuff planned for this one, just deciding whether I should fit my suspension before I powdercoat the wheels :chin:

Yea I saw the price of them the other day :spin:
Its the same with most honda parts, everything is so expensive.

My last three cars have had leather, I can't get enough of it! The leather in this is so much better than the leather in the GP. Rare aswell.

Got alot of stuff planned for this one, just deciding whether I should fit my suspension before I powdercoat the wheels :chin:

looks good man, and i agree with the above comments of you dont waste anytime, fit suspension now:p!!

***Update time***

Wheels were showing some corrosion in places and of course with it having a previous lady owner it had a kerb mark or two.

So took it into top marques in fenton in stoke-on-trent and had them powdercoated in a dark anthracite (like the colour my GP ones were done in). They were done at the same place as the STs white ones were done and they do a very good job. £200 to take wheels off, powdercoat, balance and put back on again, then £20 to spray centre caps same colour. So £220 all in is a good price. Before anybody says it i've got the red 'H's on the way on order for the centre of the wheels. Opinions folks:

Got suspension and jdm bits on the way aswell, post up when they're on.

***Update time***

Wheels were showing some corrosion in places and of course with it having a previous lady owner it had a kerb mark or two.

So took it into top marques in fenton in stoke-on-trent and had them powdercoated in a dark anthracite (like the colour my GP ones were done in). They were done at the same place as the STs white ones were done and they do a very good job. £200 to take wheels off, powdercoat, balance and put back on again, then £20 to spray centre caps same colour. So £220 all in is a good price. Before anybody says it i've got the red 'H's on the way on order for the centre of the wheels. Opinions folks:

Got suspension and jdm bits on the way aswell, post up when they're on.

Looks good man, but still think the wheels should be that off white colour like the JDM items...

***UPDATE***

JDM bits and pieces arrived this last fortnight along with wheel centres and suspension is now sorted (y)

First of all JDM wind deflectors:

Then arrived JDM size rear plate along with red 'H' wheel centres:

Wheel centres fitted:

Car is now also lowered 35mm and camber adjusters are on the way in prep for a fast road setup.

Heres the finished article, I think its coming along nicely. Opinions please!

btw the grille is missing the 'type' because it came off during the wash!

***UPDATE***

JDM bits and pieces arrived this last fortnight along with wheel centres and suspension is now sorted (y)

First of all JDM wind deflectors:

Then arrived JDM size rear plate along with red 'H' wheel centres:

Wheel centres fitted:

Car is now also lowered 35mm and camber adjusters are on the way in prep for a fast road setup.

Heres the finished article, I think its coming along nicely. Opinions please!

btw the grille is missing the 'type' because it came off during the wash!

that looks well and truely rude sir!

Is a very nice car although not sure why you'd stick square numberplate on the back when its not a jap import and blatently has a number plate recess for a full size uk plate...

thats just my prejudious coming tho I associate jap imports with ruined and smoky shoguns, rusty skylines and rather iffy imprezas...

Is a very nice car although not sure why you'd stick square numberplate on the back when its not a jap import and blatently has a number plate recess for a full size uk plate...

thats just my prejudious coming tho I associate jap imports with ruined and smoky shoguns, rusty skylines and rather iffy imprezas...

As i've already said, I'm going for the JDM theme so thats why the plate is that size...

Theres alot more to jap imports than shoguns, skylines and scoobys. For example the imported ep3s come with an LSD, lightened flywheel, 20bhp extra and a full recaro interior as standard (off the top of my head).

My friend has this car love it :)

xXxXx

i love how you blank the numberplate on the picture of just the plate... but not when they are on the car lol

Yea the pics were taken at different times and I couldn't be bothered to blank the second one out as I'l be putting my private ones back on soon. :rolleyes:

Aint keen on the wind deflectors but each to their own if you drive with windows down.

Loving the wheels and def suit the car well. The more i see yours in black persuading me to get black and not in silver.

Out of interest mate, did you used to drive through Lichfield in the ST before the smash cos i don't see the it anymore. (It was a spitting image of yours, white wheels but driving to fast to see driver)

Keep updated please.

Back