General Punto Sporting Fuel Pump Help

Currently reading:
General Punto Sporting Fuel Pump Help

joeboro

Ive got a P reg (96) Punto Sporting 1600cc

Had AA out yesterday and found out that I needed a new fuel pump as car wouldnt start and had it checked out.

Ive priced up the pump and it costs £140 New, but found a scrap yard selling one for £25+VAT

What I need to know is, can a fuel pump off a standard punto fit my car as so far Ive only found the standard one in the scrap yards and would prefer not to have to fork out for a new one.

Any help much appreciated.

I got a new fuel pump from a scrap yard, not sure if it was a sporting one, but it was for a 1600cc. I got a friend to fit it and it seemed to work ok.

I drove it for a day then it wouldnt start again, I can hear the fuel pump working when I turn it over but it just wont start. I called AA out for 2nd time in a week and he wasnt sure what it was, but thinks it might have something to do with the fuel injection system as he had tested everything else. I did have the fuel injection light staying on now and again before all this happened but the manual said now and again didnt matter.

Anyone got any suggestions, as Im just about ready to chuck it on the scrap heap.

The AA guy the second time, said the fuel pump was running ok, I just wondered if the problem I have now is connected somehow or something completely different.

Back