Styling Punto Sporting 99

Currently reading:
Styling Punto Sporting 99

ialiferis

Hey guys, can someone advise me on 16 inch alloys on a punto sporting. My question is can i fit this size on the car without any problems or having to modify the arches?

welcome to the forum :wave:

These will deffo fit with bolts and spacers, as for archwork im not so sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
16" will be fine, just so long as your tyres aren't more than 195mm wide, as my std fit OEM fiat sporting alloys (14") with 185mm tyres actually scrape the rear damper cover (like a plastic slidey thing to attempt to keep dirt out of the shock).

Have 16" fitted on mine, no arch work, slight scrapping on full lock with car lowered. Driving wise no problem (y)

Steve

Thank you guys, I'm putting on OZ Superturismo GT's 195x45x16. The wheel spec is PCD=98 ET=38. Thanks

Re: 2 Punto Problems HELP!!!!!

Hey guys,i hope someone can help me.
PROBLEM 1: When i start the car from cold it shudders and the whole car shakes until i rev it a couple of times and it idles like a peach.
PROBLEM 2: Upon acceleration the car pauses in stages and feels like something cutting out. Dont know whether its fuel related or power related. Also the engine management light doesnt come on when this happens.

Does anyone have any ideas cause the car mechanics just ripped me off telling me it was my exhaust.

HELP!!!

faster4_tec said:
16" will be fine, just so long as your tyres aren't more than 195mm wide, as my std fit OEM fiat sporting alloys (14") with 185mm tyres actually scrape the rear damper cover (like a plastic slidey thing to attempt to keep dirt out of the shock).
they shouldnt rub, are your radius bushes and wheel bearings ok?

yea i got 17's on my mk2 n they fit fine :) .. just dont have too may ppl in the back :(

Back