General Punto Speedgear Buyers guide

Currently reading:
General Punto Speedgear Buyers guide

Afternoon all

Possibly looking at getting a Mk2b 1.2 16v Speedgear. Mileage is round 60k and seems to have been looked after according to it's MOT history.

Am I right in thinking these are better than the Dualogic for reliability?

What should i look out for when viewing one of these?

Over to you!

Cheers

Hi, The advice I was given when buying a 'speedgear' for my eldest daughter was, with engine ticking over, it should go into drive/reverse with no lurching/clunking. When the handbrake is released, the car should creep either forward/reverse without the accelerator being pressed. The oil should be up to the correct level in the gearbox, and a good colour. After that, have the gearbox oil and filter changed every two years to keep it good, costs about £90 at my Non Fiat, Fiat expert garage.....the filter is very expensive. I should add, this car has now done 111500 miles, original box...........

On a different note I run a 2009 Qubo with duelogic, no problems at all over 40 odd thousand miles.

Cheers Qube O.

The speedgear are CVT same on my sister's Nissan Micra are good and smooth but the filter and the CVT oil are expensive but it is better than buy a new gearbox!

The Dualogic is electrical work by ECU in what gear you shift but if you want to aim shift at very low rpm on diesel the ECU delay your shift till the rpm are in the right power band. Bit annoy.
It can go wrong is the sensor and damp day can go haywire it won't shift in 1 first gear. My other sister still have Grand Punto 1.3 quiet a few issue with Dualogic but still on original clutch since it was a new, now she is currently on 173,000 miles!

In my opinion go for Speedgear. (y)

Last edited:
Back