15.jpg

Punto (Mk2/2b) Punto Mk2b Active Sport

Introduction

Originally had this (1.0 Corsa C), got it in June when I was 17 and had just passed my test for £200, then November last year got my license revoked with six points for something stupid. Still loved it, did a few bits to it like tinted rear lights, got some alloys for it and whatnot still wanted to carry on and do much more but never got a chance to. (Was only on the road for five months and it kept breaking)
15.png

Anyways about a month after I passed my test my dad bought my current car which is a Mk2b Punto Active Sport. Wish I had photos of when he first got it because it was crap, it was £750 on eBay, a Cat C write off with massive rear end damage. Basically spent a few days whacking it on the inside with a hammer and you cant even notice it anymore. Took it to Liverpool and got it cleared so it's no longer written off and it only had 59,000 miles!

Before I passed my test again I bought it off him for £1,000 (which was sort of fair enough with a brand new set of brakes and other bits done to it, also being worth quite a bit more) and now has 62,000 miles :\ massive improvement from my first car and I do like it although I'd like to make it a bit different from what it is so really I'm just here to get some ideas off of people, things I can do to make it look a bit nicer. Currently wanting to do little things but when I've got some money I want to change the alloys. Don't see many of these that have been modded and such so I can't really think of what to do, all I'm thinking about at the moment is wind deflectors and having the rear lights tinted.

Untitled-13.png

Car does have a couple of bad bits. Either the Gearbox needs replacing as it makes a horrible noise in first and second gear or the clutch release bearing, not sure yet- this isn't urgent I don't think, just something that will eventually need doing if I ever want to sell it.

Alternator is on it's way out! The day I passed my test it was left stood for near a month and when trying to drive the power steering light came on and just went and was near impossible to steer it. Spent £50 at euro and got a battery and it sorted it although I've recently noticed if I use anything like the windows or the fans on idle it drops rpm a little bit. I'm assuming it's the alternator.

Also I discovered an oil leak today in the engine, suspecting the water pump.

It's a Fiat.
First what i would be looking to do before adding any mods is to get all the mechanical aspects sorted. Because whats the point in having a nice looking car that wont drive properly. If you go somewhere like halfords or battery dealers they will test the battery and alternator for you. If it is the alternator they can be picked up cheap.

First 'mod' you could do is get a badgless grill but like i say spend the money getting the car right to start with

if you use anything on idle the revs will drop slightly because you are putting a load on it so don't worry. Oil leak from the water pump,eh? That'll be a first! As for mods, I think they look great as standard.

It's a seal on the water pump not it itself, I think, bit hard to tell its all over the place.

Yeah think I was being a bit skeptical on the alternator haha

After posting this my clutch's started slipping, car's now on the drive haha brilliant, had a read on here and definitely something to do with the gearbox so that will be reconned with a new clutch kit

Took it to Liverpool and got it cleared so it's no longer written off and it only had 59,000 miles!

Please be aware that it is still a write off. When you took it to Liverpool this was not any form of a test it would have been a VIC (vehicle identify check) to confirm that the VIN plates of the written off car had not been transferred to a stolen shell. They do not look at the quality of repairs or check if the car is roadworthy.

The vehicle will continue to show as a cat C total loss on HPI and MIAFTR, and if you send the log book in for a change of keeper after the VIC check it will come back with a note on it stating the vehicle has been substantially damaged in the past.

As a result the vehicle will be worth considerably less than a non cat c vehicle of the same spec and you will need to declare the prior write off if you sell the car on.

Also as a note of caution given your licence history make sure you declare all mods to your insurers as in the event of a claim they WILL look very closely at your claim and if they find undisclosed mods they will void your policy.

Sorry if that sounded like a lecture, now enjoy making the car personal to you.

Originally had this (1.0 Corsa C), got it in June when I was 17 and had just passed my test for £200, then November last year got my license revoked with six points for something stupid. Still loved it, did a few bits to it like tinted rear lights, got some alloys for it and whatnot still wanted to carry on and do much more but never got a chance to. (Was only on the road for five months and it kept breaking)
15.png

Anyways about a month after I passed my test my dad bought my current car which is a Mk2b Punto Active Sport. Wish I had photos of when he first got it because it was crap, it was £750 on eBay, a Cat C write off with massive rear end damage. Basically spent a few days whacking it on the inside with a hammer and you cant even notice it anymore. Took it to Liverpool and got it cleared so it's no longer written off and it only had 59,000 miles!

Before I passed my test again I bought it off him for £1,000 (which was sort of fair enough with a brand new set of brakes and other bits done to it, also being worth quite a bit more) and now has 62,000 miles :\ massive improvement from my first car and I do like it although I'd like to make it a bit different from what it is so really I'm just here to get some ideas off of people, things I can do to make it look a bit nicer. Currently wanting to do little things but when I've got some money I want to change the alloys. Don't see many of these that have been modded and such so I can't really think of what to do, all I'm thinking about at the moment is wind deflectors and having the rear lights tinted.

Untitled-13.png

Car does have a couple of bad bits. Either the Gearbox needs replacing as it makes a horrible noise in first and second gear or the clutch release bearing, not sure yet- this isn't urgent I don't think, just something that will eventually need doing if I ever want to sell it.

Alternator is on it's way out! The day I passed my test it was left stood for near a month and when trying to drive the power steering light came on and just went and was near impossible to steer it. Spent £50 at euro and got a battery and it sorted it although I've recently noticed if I use anything like the windows or the fans on idle it drops rpm a little bit. I'm assuming it's the alternator.

Also I discovered an oil leak today in the engine, suspecting the water pump.

It's a Fiat.

Lovely car look forward to seeing it progress. Good luck with it btw.. :)

A slight drop in engine RPM is pretty much to be expected
The alternator is suddenly kicking up its electro magnetic field to generate more ""electricity""
as a result it becomes a little harder to turn, as a result the engine rpm drops as the engine was predicting this load

If its happy with the rpm vs load, it may stay a little lower, but it may make the rpm kick up and by then the load goes and you have a slight increase

Ziggy

Back