Punto (Mk2/2b) Punto mk2 5 door tastefully modified

Currently reading:
Punto (Mk2/2b) Punto mk2 5 door tastefully modified

hi all. thanks for all these comments. the answer to your question is... i had to cut off the TOP of the bumper so all the origianal fittings then make new ones, the problem was that the 3dr bumper was sitting too far back so bits needed to be shaved off to push it forward and match the arches. quite easy to do in a day. hope this helps. go turbo your mum???? inbetweeners much? lol.

hi all. thanks for all these comments. the answer to your question is... i had to cut off the TOP of the bumper so all the origianal fittings then make new ones, the problem was that the 3dr bumper was sitting too far back so bits needed to be shaved off to push it forward and match the arches. quite easy to do in a day..

very clever well done
i tried fitting a 3 door tailgate on a 5 door a few weeks back to see how it would look but the locating holes were in a different place too,shocked me that

Considering both boot lids are a completely shape, its not too shocking.

but it was shocking seeing as i know my way round puntos fairly well
of course they have a different shape but i still didnt realise the roof panel lip was different thats why i posted my findings
so shocked stands:D

UPDATE:

IMAG0065.JPG

IMAG0066.JPG

IMAG0067.JPG

IMAG0068.JPG

IMG_0163.JPG

IMG_0164.JPG

IMG_0165.JPG

IMG_0166.JPG

IMG_0167.JPG

IMG_0179.JPG

comments please.

will it not rub. my front wheels rub a little at full lock at the moment.

will it not rub if its lowered. it rubs a little on full lock at the moment.

Sorry dint realise you had 17's on. Yer they most probaly would unless you had super skinny tyres on that made the rolling radios the same as standard then it would be better.

yeah i did, using plasti dip rubber paint, it worked really well and looks nice. i think iv got too much blue on the engine bay now, so im leaving it at that and im going to try and give it a good clean. im scouting about for some real cheap 15"s maybee dished sort of look to lower aswell but im a bit short on wonga.
thanks for the coments.

neonglove be very aware that on puntos with non standard rims the brake hoses chaff through on full lock conditions
when did i last see this?
last week
could kill you or someone ,keep an eye on it most carefully:)

i think iv got too much blue
I'm glad you recognised that, was gonna say you need a highlight colour in there lol.

And i gotta say, 'tastefully modified' and 'M3 Mirrors' do not go together, ever :p
Other than that i quite like it, i too think the wheels are too big but each to their own.

Back