General Punto Mk1 Radio Question

Currently reading:
General Punto Mk1 Radio Question

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶

six6six

Hi all, im new here, been browsing the forum a few days now though, and it seems cool :D

Anyway, I got myself a 55SX about a week ago and been well pleased with it so far - all seems to be in good condition and workin well *touch wood*, except the radio/cass....

When i turn it on, it says "FIAT" on the display for a second, then it changes and says "WAIT". And it stays like this forever (that being about 20 mins cos i didnt want to run the battery down by leaving it on for ages).

I guess it needs the code, but I dont have this and even if i did, I wouldnt be able to put it in with the radio in the present state.

Any suggestions?

Oh radio model no is 22DC710/64s

Doh! Well, I suppose i might as well get a new one. Its really really hard to drive without anything in the background....

Any advice on what to look for in terms of compatibality with the existing cabling?

Cos I dont have the manual for the radio thats there I dont know which wire is which...although I can more or less guess which are the speakers and power, Im not sure what the others are...

sounds like your unit has had the wrong code put in... it does say wait and if you put the code in wrong it doubles the wait time each time (like 1 min, 2 min, 4 min, 8 min etc...) but as said... on ebay they go for nowt... got a nice Sony XR3759 for a tenner... which suits me fine!

It doubles the wait time? Ok, so is there any way of knowning what the time is on the current "wait" ?

Also, how long is too long to leave it running off the car battery? Dont wanna go dead...

And while looking around, I found a small luminious green 'price tag' stuck on the side of the radio with 4 digits...could that be the code?

six6six said:
It doubles the wait time? Ok, so is there any way of knowning what the time is on the current "wait" ?

Also, how long is too long to leave it running off the car battery? Dont wanna go dead...

And while looking around, I found a small luminious green 'price tag' stuck on the side of the radio with 4 digits...could that be the code?
that could well be the code, id just on your next long drive leave the stereo on and see if it is the wait thing.

Right, so rather than leave it on a drive, I decided to take it out and plug it into my computer power supply... (y)

And as far as I can tell, the time interval doesnt double, it stays at about 30mins.

And it also looks like the little green sticker wasnt the code (either that or I cant read it properly...)

New head unit here I come... :cool:

Well i finally got a new headunit, panasonic CQ-RDP383. Plays mp3/wma too, not bad!

Although now with something playing through the speakers, I found that the front driver side doesnt work. Took the cover off and found that the wires have broken off. :mad:

What size will I be ok sticking in the existing holes? Are they 3.5" ?

<goes to buy new front speakers> :D

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶
Back