Technical punto mk1 locking question

Currently reading:
Technical punto mk1 locking question

tomhill92

my fiat punto mk1, does not have central locking. but you can only lock the doors with the key, or when the door is closed and lock it from the inside by flipping down the lock. but you cant flip down the lock when the door is open and then shut it. is there anything i can do to make it possible to be able to press down the lock when the door is open so when it shuts the door is locked.

most cars i know can do this, thats why i am asking.:confused:

Puntos dont lock this way, and for a good reason - theres no chance of locking the keys in the car if you have to lock it with the keys.

also if anyones that lazy to put the key in the door then get a cheap remote locking kit

The Renault Clios used to have a system where you raise the outside handle to lock the door without the key. Needless to say though, you get so used to it that I often had my brother asking me to run his spare key out to him. The Fiat system simply does not allow you to do it to prevent these accidents (although shutting your keys in the boot is pretty easily done).

It also has something to do with the door shut security. If your door has only latched, not shut properly, you cannot push the lock down. This is a clear indicator that the door is not shut properly, which would be a hazard.

ahh i see now, i guess its a good thing then. thanks for the quick replys

yeah but i need central locking to have remote locking dont i?

Back