General punto mk1 cat question

Currently reading:
General punto mk1 cat question

kevincox1987

hi im new hear .does a fiat punto mk1 sportin 16v 1997 .have a catalytic converter ?cos i have brought a flame kit and i wonderin if it work be for fittin thanks for your help if u can

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: punto mk1 ?

WTF :stupid: why a flame kit on a punto, maybe on the proper kitted out GT maybe but a sporting, keep it subtle keep it simple the original design isn't that bad tbh. a good condition sporting may actually retain it's value as opposed to sticking a load of tat on it.

unless of course the flame kit is meant for some sort of insurance job, in which case make sure the fuel tank is pierced and fairly empty in which case a catalyst won't make much of a difference tbh.

The Sporting DOES have a catalytic convertor.

But I'd echo the sentiments above, dont fit a flamer kit! You might as well add some flame design vinyl up the sides as well as a shopping list on the doors and a huge ironing board spoiler! Chav Stylee!!! (n)(n)

Keep it nice and subtle on the Mk1 and you will have a lovely looking car! Some of the best Mk1 puntos I've seen are smooth and low! (y)

Oh, and I used to have a Mk1 Sporting for 8 years, so I know what I'm talking about! :D

ok peeps thanks 4 all your comments i dont think i put on now .its just hard to sell the thing i brought 4 a £100 thanks

Back