Technical Punto mk 2 2000

Currently reading:
Technical Punto mk 2 2000

MrWright91

Hello, iv just bought a fiat punto and the power steering had gone, so me and a friend changed the steering column, problem solved, only to create two other problems, 1. the front window wipers came on when we re connected the battery but are now not working anymore, and 2 the horn is constantly on, (unless i unplug it) this is the first fiat iv owned and i was just wondering does anybody have any ideas of what i could try

Thank you

Matt Wright

Gonna be a tough one as it is most likely a man made fault via a mistake somewhere... best to go over all wiring / connections & try to find out what went wron on reassembly. Probably something around the steering wheel connections as the wiper stalk & the horn push both terminate there...

Thank you, its pretty simple plugging everything back in though as they only fit it one socket each so i really dont understand how i could of plugged one in wrong, the only thing i can think of with the window wipers is when i plugged the battery back in, the horn went off, so i quickly unplugged it, then did that a couple of times, maybe i have blown the wiper fuse? but i dont no which fuse it is as the fuse box doesnt show me which fuse is which, its really not very helpful:\

Hello, iv just bought a fiat punto and the power steering had gone, so me and a friend changed the steering column, problem solved, only to create two other problems, 1. the front window wipers came on when we re connected the battery but are now not working anymore, and 2 the horn is constantly on, (unless i unplug it) this is the first fiat iv owned and i was just wondering does anybody have any ideas of what i could try

Thank you

Matt Wright

hi,my power steering went in my mk2 punto after 10 years,brought it to garage and he fitted a new steering motor,cost 140 euro all in,best to get garage to check it over.i read on the net i needed to buy complete unit 300 pounds,which was wrong advice
tony

Back