Punto Head Unit Adapter...

Currently reading:
Punto Head Unit Adapter...

SeanW

Don't follow me, I'm lost
I'm probably missing something seriously stupidly simple here, but I can't seem to get the new adapter to clip into place?

Obviously I've removed the old Blaupunkt unit, and went to clip in the adapter - and no luck - just keeps popping out.

It's a Mk2 (2000) Punto, and some pillock had superglued the edges of the old unit to stop it rattling, I've removed all traces of this glue - thinking that was the problem - but it appears not to be...

Anyone got any suggestions?? (I have this feeling I'm gonna end feeling really daft soon lol)

Thanks

Sean

(PS: My trawl through search results didn't yield much to do with my problem.)

Hi, fit the HU into the fascia adaptor first then push home making sure that the wires behind don't get in the way, I used a original Fiat adaptor was £20 after reading on here that copy ones don't fit that well with people using mastic & such like to hold them in as copies don't have metal clips, buy one from dealer for a better result.(y)

Hi, fit the HU into the fascia adaptor first then push home making sure that the wires behind don't get in the way, I used a original Fiat adaptor was £20 after reading on here that copy ones don't fit that well with people using mastic & such like to hold them in as copies don't have metal clips, buy one from dealer for a better result.(y)
Ahh - yeah, it's a copy - I'll take it back tomorrow and if they can't get it to fit, they will be giving me a refund :)

Thanks

Back