General Punto gt turbs

Currently reading:
General Punto gt turbs

Jarvista196

I'm going to buy a punto gt but want sum advice on what problems to look out for specifically for this model wud be g8 if any1 could help

Dont pay silly money for a start luckily there was plenty of them sold to women so they wont all have been thrashed (hopefully).
When you start it up let it idle and tap the throttle a couple of times check its responsive and steady, if not it could be:naff dump valve, lamba sensor, or idle control vale all gonna cost around a oner to get fixed(idle valve can been cleaned with carb cleaner it might sort it). If u put a dump valve on make sure its a recirculating or twin piston type or it'll muck the idle up again.
Dont worry if u hear a squealing noise from the suspension when u get out of the car alot of fiats seem to doit.
If your interested in mods then a cone filter and stainless exhaust can give 10bhp and 23Lb of torque (If done right)
Check brake condition front pads get eaten if driven hard and the discs can warp in 30K again if been driven hard.
I dont know if you've driven one but u wont get full bosst in first so dont worry that can be changed later with a uni-chip,in all other gears it should boost to 1.2bar then throttle off to 1 after 10-15 seconds.Only other things are to get as good a history as possible as with all cars. They will rev well into the 6's if they have had regular oil changes etc.
Any thing else u need to know email me and ill see if i can help

Cheers, i ended up buying one last week part exd mi punto55, it's got a dvalve and ss scorpion exhaust fitted, engine sounds sweet, i ain't plannin any engine mods as yet, gonna get a kit, wheels etc know any1 that selling anything? wot car ru drivin?

Dont know of anything at the minute other than ive got a K&N panel filter to get rid of.(was on my car for two weeks).
Ive got a GT aswell with a Recirc. valve, powerflow full exhaust, and a modified induction kit and lowered 30mm and a load of ice, want to get it uni chipped but insurance wont allow (yet)
Its about 140bhp and 170lb torque.
Give us an email if theres anything u want to know about ( im not a genius but ive had a few problems and know some of the gts snaggs).

Hi I am also thinking about buying a punto GT Turbo, but worried about the reliability of fiat! and especially one thats got a turbo! I would like to ask if you or anyone knows about engine problems to look for, such as smokey engines etc. Also whats a good sign the turbos going/gone? thankyou for any replies and comments that are left.

Back