Technical Punto engine into a 903?

Currently reading:
Technical Punto engine into a 903?

Flappjak

So I've been thinking of ways to fit a Punto engine into my 903, I know the gearbox won't bolt straight up but if I brought a fire gearbox and driveshafts from a panda could I bolt the Punto engine up and into the car and then run carbs?

So I've been thinking of ways to fit a Punto engine into my 903, I know the gearbox won't bolt straight up but if I brought a fire gearbox and driveshafts from a panda could I bolt the Punto engine up and into the car and then run carbs?

Yove not hinted at which punto..

There is enough space..just to do it..but involves a fair bit of parts bin searching.
Palio ;)

Well which ever would be easiest to swap really, I need to replace the head gasket and take the gearbox back off mine to sort the release bearing

The problem wouldn't be which Punto engine you go for, although mk1 Punto engines are the easiest compared to a mk2. Your first issue would be the 903 uses different engine mounts and gearbox from FIRE engined Panda's, I'm not sure whats needed to 'convert' it to a FIRE setup though but it'd be easier to start out with a 750 or a 999cc Panda

Well tbh I would put a 999 fire engine in, I know buying a fire panda would be easier but this was my first car and had it for nearly three years so it's a part of me now haha

So the seicento 900 shares the same gearbox as mine due to being the same engine (apart from mines carb) so could I bolt the seicento sporting engine up to my gearbox?

So the seicento 900 shares the same gearbox as mine due to being the same engine (apart from mines carb) so could I bolt the seicento sporting engine up to my gearbox?

No, Seicento sporting uses the 1108 FIRE - same basic engine as the 999/1242 you've been looking at - for a straight swap you'd need to stick to the 900

Back