Punto - Cylinder Head Gasket?

Currently reading:
Punto - Cylinder Head Gasket?

Hi Folks,

I didn't realise there was a Fait scotland Forum! I've been using the general fiat forum for a wee while.

My first post - I am trying to get some advice.

My Punto has been juddering for some time, I thought it was the fuel filter, spark plugs etc... but cleaned that out filter and cahnged plugs today and the problem stll persists. Then I noticed a leak between the Engine block and cynlinder head, and the car is lossing more water than it should out of the radiator rseservior. Has the headgasket gone? and if so can someone advise me on how the fit a new one! I am reasonably experienced but never taken an engine apart, I am particularly concerned about the timimg belt - how difficult is it to refit on a Punto. :?

Thanks,

jim

Hmmm, i am not 100% sure it is the head gasket, but given the FIRE engines reputation for head gasket failures, i would say it is a good idea to replace.

The 1.2 8v is a fairly basic engine. Everything you need to know should be covered in the haynes manual.

Welcome to the forum. Out of interest, what kind if punto do you drive?

Hi

Thanks for the reply - I drive a Punto 1.2 8V,year 2000, any advice on changing the timing belt would be helpful.

Thanks,

jim :?

Personally i have never done it before but i am told it is easy to do. Be sure to do the tensioners at the same time.

I know the haynes manual Definately shows a step by step on how to do it. I don't own a punto anymore so i will be putting both my haynes manuals up for sale very soon. £5 each if you are interested.

Back