Technical Punto 1.4 Easy

Currently reading:
Technical Punto 1.4 Easy

DougECRSA

Can anyone please assist with a starting problem with my wife's Punto, brief description of issue. Ignition key equipped with keyless entry - unlock - lock - boot release. Firstly the key does not function (does not unlock the central locking) Secondly when inserting the key into the ignition switch and switched to light up the dash the lights flash on and off for approximately 15 seconds and the speedometer pulses up and down, thereafter the lights stay on. however when the key is turned to start, all the dash lights go off and the start solenoid sounds like it is energizing but the starter motor does not crank - there also appears to be a very high current drain on the battery. when the key is returned to the ignition position the dash lights re-illuminate but also include the Fiat Code light. I have disconnect the battery overnight as suggested in some of the forums, and also ensured that the battery is fully charged, voltage at 13.68 V. Unfortunately the Fiat agents here are not very efficient when i comes to out of the ordinary issues and I'm sure that I will be charged an arm and a leg. any suggestions or advice will be most welcome.

Back