General Puncture

Currently reading:
General Puncture

kenmud

Hi my name is cheryl I dont want to be a lady IN distress, I have a 1.4 GP what do I do if I get a puncture. No spare wheel!!:)

You should have a compressor with foam in the boot, this will get you going hopefully, unless the puncture is very bad.

Or im sure one of the kind guys on here would come rescue you if they are nearby.

Get a spare wheel, jack and a wheel brace if you can.

i have had 3 puntures in the last six months (unlucky i know but there you go - on the other hand i gone a couple of years without any at all) - each time i have used the can of goo and every time the tyre has deflated and then gets damaged and have to buy new tyre.

hi once you have repaired it with the glue what do you have to do? thanks for all the advice the AA was a last resort I do want to do some things for myself but thanks for the back up i.e. one of my rescuers!!!!! thanks for the handbook I do have one but very useful online...;)

hi once you have repaired it with the glue what do you have to do? thanks for all the advice the AA was a last resort I do want to do some things for myself but thanks for the back up i.e. one of my rescuers!!!!! thanks for the handbook I do have one but very useful online...;)

the repair can is only a 'get you home' or atleast to the nearest garage who can repair the tyre. You really dont want to drive any further than you have to, which is why i reccoment getting a full size spare as it could ruin your plans if you need to go to a garage after getting a puncture (n)

Buy a new tyre, because most places won't touch it if you use the goo.

hi i've got 16" alloys whats the cheapest way i can get a spare wheel can anyone give some advice please, and does anybody know how much a spare alloy and tyre would cost me to put in the boot without having to go to any breakers as i dont live near any what can i order from my local fiat dealer? to help me out cheers.:)

Unless the dealer has a spare partial set laying around, you'll have to buy a whole set of alloys.

Just get the 15 steel wheel from the dealer.

hiya, would it be ok to have a 15" steel wheel as a spare if i have 16" alloys if i was to put the 15" steel wheel on if i had a puncture will it be ok till i could get the puncture repaired? (just thinking about my holidays) thanks:p

Unless the dealer has a spare partial set laying around, you'll have to buy a whole set of alloys.

Just get the 15 steel wheel from the dealer.

only if your on crack you would

they should have individual steel wheels with tyres to match the rolling radius of your wheels, go in and ask and get it sorted
talking to them will get things done quicker than asking on here (y)

Some people should read things several times before they post slagging others off.

First off, well F'ing duh you need the same diameter wheel/tyre. Some Grande Punto models over the years came with 14 and 15 steel wheels as standard. Their radius will match the models that came with the 15, 16, and 17 inch alloys. Fiat is not going to spend all kinds of money to have multiple suspension geometries for a single car line.

Secondly, buying a single alloy has been brought up here many times and people have said that they have to buy the set of none at all. That's why we've seen people trying to get others to go in on a set with them. Sometimes they have a spare alloy sitting around that they might sell, say from an accident repair or whatever.

you can buy alloys individually ,,i got 1 from my dealer 17",brand new and boxed .it wasn't one lying about ,as they had to order it in ,i paid the extra and had it ordered VOR ..and no way in a million years would they order 4 due to the cost ,and put 3 in stock hoping to sell them ...possibly some dealers may try saying you can't get them individually ,for whatever reason ...

In a nutshell all i want to know is can i use the 15" spare wheel as an emergency with my 16" wheels to get me home in an emergency with my kids in the car, thats all i want to know please thanks for all the help and advice so far but really i just want to make sure that this is ok to get us home and then get the puncture fixed. thanks cheryl:eek:

in a nutshell all i want to know is can i use the 15" spare wheel as an emergency with my 16" wheels to get me home in an emergency with my kids in the car, thats all i want to know please thanks for all the help and advice so far but really i just want to make sure that this is ok to get us home and then get the puncture fixed. Thanks cheryl:eek:

yes

Secondly, buying a single alloy has been brought up here many times and people have said that they have to buy the set of none at all. That's why we've seen people trying to get others to go in on a set with them. Sometimes they have a spare alloy sitting around that they might sell, say from an accident repair or whatever.

Have they? Where? When i went and got quotes from 3/4 dealers none of them said i had to buy a full set of wheels, all of them would do individual wheels.

Back