PS3 media server

Currently reading:
PS3 media server

this is brilliant!
Just got my ps3, cant get over how awesome it is, even though i havent even played a game yet

request sent. i onlt have modern warfare 2 at the moment. Unfortunatly, i forgot to bring it back to university with me, just have the console lol

Well im not back home for 3 weeks, but im hoping my mum will post it to me. It would be torture otherwise because the console didnt arrive till the day before i left for uni so i havent played a game on it at all!

three questions on ps3

1. I take it you cannot get 4OD through it?

2. Using iplayer, can you watch programs when they are live, like you can do if you were watching it on a PC but cant see anywhere you can do it on the ps3 version

3. Can you some how use it to output your computer screen and sound to the TV screen and be controlled by a wireless keyboard attached to the computer. At the moment i use a vga cable and 3.5mm jack to do this, just wondered if you can do it wirelessly through the ps3?

thanks

three questions on ps3

1. I take it you cannot get 4OD through it?

2. Using iplayer, can you watch programs when they are live, like you can do if you were watching it on a PC but cant see anywhere you can do it on the ps3 version

3. Can you some how use it to output your computer screen and sound to the TV screen and be controlled by a wireless keyboard attached to the computer. At the moment i use a vga cable and 3.5mm jack to do this, just wondered if you can do it wirelessly through the ps3?

thanks

q 1&2 i cant answer as my cable package has these
q3 i doubt you could TBH
if you are using your monitor then i would say a seperate speaker set up would be easier

well what i used to do was plug my laptop into my LCD TV and use a wireless keyboard and touch pad so when i was in the living room i could surf the web and watch videos through a big screen. I just wondered if you could do this wirelessly through the ps3 at it would just make it easier

phew all my files are now done
very pretty :D

i have had an ongoing issue with PMS where all the betas were hanging on boot
took me ages ot find the problem
turned out to be an errant config file tucked away im the W7 user/roaming data
once i found and deleted that it was all sorted

Back