proof that you should never let a man dressed as a turkey into your party

Currently reading:
proof that you should never let a man dressed as a turkey into your party

this could go in either smile or grumpy threads, but given the length of fail, it's maybe best it goes here in its own thread, tonight i have been to. perhaps the worst ever housewarming.....ever known to man.....ever......................ever :laugh:

was invited to the housewarming of a girl i worked with, so headed off to her new house (around 3 and a half miles from mine) by taxi, i got in, gave him the address and he said, ok, then proceeded to set off in the wrong direction :laugh: i thought it must be roadworks, but 2 streets later it became clear he was getting a bit lost, i asked him abut his directional failing and he admitted he didnt have a clue where the place was, and if i wouldn't mind directing him there, wtf?, i went along with it, ended up arriving 10 minutes late...but at least i got the fare half price, so i accepted that :laugh:

so i go up to her front door, ring the bell and the door gets answered by another guest, we say hello's, i go in, another ex colleague spots me, comes over to say hi but gets bumped into, leading virtualy a full pints worth of beer to end up going down my trousers.... great, so now not only have i arrived late, i now look like i've pished myself :laugh: worse than that though, a nice rug in the hall and 2 coats got covered too.

so.... i go to see the hostess and leave the bottles i brought in the kitchen, after explaining to her that i hadn't pished myself, i glance over her shoulder towards her conservatory and spot a plant pot with flames coming out it :laugh: someone had clearly been smoking and disposed of the end in the pot, boof. so we get that put out with a mixture of orange juice and water :laugh: im now also smelling of smoke aswell as having a suspicious yellow brown patch on my breeks...*sigh*

THEN....theres the sound of a breaking glass in the living room and then raised voices, a couple there started arguing about an alleged affair....so we run through to see what the fuss is about

about 15 guests there, 14 of them were dressed fairly casually....the other one must have thought it was fancy dress...or at least i hope he did as he had on a turkey costume...how apt

anwyay, as tempers flared, half the snacks ended up on the floor. they then got neatly trampled into the carpet as a wee scuffle broke out, causing a glass of wine to go over the nice clean, cream coloured setee, causing not only another stain, but a glass on the floor...which then got stood on......and shattered......

THEN.. another couple started arguing, as folk tried to calm it down, i think the party spirit was struggling to emerge, so i went and consoled the turkey, cowered in the corner planning my escape, as soon as it settled a wee bit, i went and saw the host...who was a mix of hugely pissed off, terrified, upset, offered to help clean the mess up...and it all kicked off again. so the few people who wern't involved agreed it would be best if we left folk to it and left....we'd only been there 90 minutes :laugh:

so we got a taxi, the driver knew where he was going this time, and went into town...but still soaked by the beer and reeking of the plantpot debacle, i just came home to dry off, have a shower and expalin once again that i had not pished myself.

i blame the turkey.

feel sorry for the girl who's party it was, but i suppose at least it was memorable...

so yeah, welcome to the new house and all that jazz, consider it warmed :laugh:

Andi_F said:
Hmm tricky that, should it be a grumpy or a Smile?? :laugh: :laugh:
I did wonder what all the FB status's were all about.....
Sounds like an 'interesting' night :tongue:

yeah well, it was either post it on FB or make conversation with a man dressed as a turkey :laugh:

abyss113 said:
damn sounds like one of my sort of nights :laugh2: missed it

im just dissapointed i only made it through 40 seconds before i got the drink spilt down me, i normally last at least 5 minutes at these things before i get a coating :laugh:

if theres a news report of a house near the ferry up in flames, with a giant turkey complete with smouldering tail seen fleeing the area in tomorrows tele, we'll know why :laugh:

seriously, i can't make up my mind if it was the worst party i've ever been at or the best :laugh:

muppet42 said:
Sounds pretty standard for a house party :laugh:

yeah, over 6 or 7 hours, having all the action crammed into 90 minutes was a new experience though

and the turkey costume? wtf? :laugh:

Back