Punto (Mk2/2b) Project Punto 55s ( Think Pink! )

Currently reading:
Punto (Mk2/2b) Project Punto 55s ( Think Pink! )

This all started with an innocent look on ebay a couple of saturdays ago! just got home from a morning stint at work and thought i'd look on ebay :D

Just to have a look if there was some bits for my GT, instead i found a 1995 M reg Punto 55s only 8 mile's from my house!!

I knew i needed a car to use while i sort out my GT, not to mention my Fiancee wanted to learn to drive an the insurance won't touch a provisisonal driver on GT!!!
So she'd have a car to learn in, and ill maybe on occassion get to drive it lol!
And solve all my problems car wise in one go (y) genius.

Not to mention some of the cars my other half was thinking of to learn in was.... how do i put this? Rubbish!!

Went and had a look with my brother, and apart from a nasty dent in the passenger side lower rear quarter / sill it was very good for the year.

KGrHqFh0E2I8LNZzYBNmPREStg_121.jpg

KGrHqFjUE2GySnucwBNmPR2Hcg_121.jpg

Not to mention it was solid underneath and only done 77,000, so took a test drive and had to laugh as it was just as nippy at lower speeds as my GT!!

KGrHqNg0E1fwR7ZrBNmPRw4Od_121.jpg

Turns out it was in the family since nearly new, and originally had been picked out on a dealers lot by another family member who sadly passed away due to a terminal illness.

And had susequently been passed down through the family to the son as his 1st car, i was quite touched as the car obviously means alot to them due to the memories tied up with it.
However they decided to buy there son a new car, as they thought it would fail on the damage to rear quarter panel.

In fact it didn't, just the passenger side rear trailling arm which took a hit from the impact no doubt!!
There was still an Mot for two months, not to mention a month's tax!!

KGrHqJiIE2KSUm47BNmPRVpIL_121.jpg

I was going to have a think before deciding to buy it, but my brother said you'll regret it if it's gone tomorrow!!

An i knew he'd be right!! so left a deposit and the next day i went and collected my new car :)

However once the misses seen it that was it, she had all sorts of idea's involving things that are pink!

To be honest not my thing, but hey the car is for her to learn in so why not even if ill look a little silly driving it!
On the plus side the seat covers will protect the seats etc.. so not all bad after all even if it's pink lol

KGrHqJlYE2D5e3Mt5BNmPRvVTw_121.jpg

KGrHqFl0E2DwPvBNmPRhUGQ_141.jpg

KGrHqFlcE2EGJMl1mBNmPRqWQ_121.jpg

However i think the car does deserve some TLC :hug:so ive vowed to fix it back to it's best!!

I'll update with my progress as i go, so expect lots of pink things mixed in with the car's new parts and repairs :eek:

Last edited:
oh dear god lol

Yeah tell me about it! :( my brother said exactly the same!!

Least everything is removable thank god, so no Punto's will be hurt in the pinkifying of this car lol
That said i'll be driving it with pink things in, so im in for a lot p*#s taking at work and from customers!! :eek:

On the plus side i've got two punto's to play with! least my fiancee will be happy and the car wont be hard to miss!!

But from my side of things ill be concentrating on servicing it, rust proofing everything i can and getting the quarter panel fixed.
Not to mention fixing odd's & ends that are damaged or gone missing over the years!!

I'm hoping to track down some fiat accessorie's to add to the car, nothing tacky tho! :D

What is it with girls wanting to ruin their cars with pink crap?

Looks in better nick than mine.

I gotta be honest it's put my Gt to shame and that's a late 99 one!! :eek: once a bit of paintwork is done here and there and quarter panel are done it'll be pretty much A1 condition inside and out. :)

Cheers, im sure yours is pretty good though!

I know what you mean about the pink stuff, it's really not my thing at all.
The amount of pink things she's got for it is unbelievable, some of it a bit naff i have to be honset!
Although i've managed to agree on what is ok for the car, and what is a bit too tacky!
Think the UN could use my negotiation skills, i did try and explain the car is powered by an 1108 cc engine and not fairydust lol

But i did buy the car for my other half to use, and if the pink things mean she'll take an interest in it then i suppose what the hey!!

Looks like a nice base to stand on. :D Can I ask how much it cost you to buy it? (y)

After a good scrub polish and a wax im sure it'll look great! (y)

:) Cheers it's really good for the year!! ive washed and polished it since, blacked the tyre walls, bumpers & mirrors.
Has made a huge diffrence looks wise!! not to mention when i washed it all the mud and dung i've removed from inside the arches etc...

The smell wasn't great, not to mention my drive was rather muddy after!!
And my other half vaccumed and cleaned the interior, which to be fair didn't need much anyway!!

As for the price ;) we agreed on £250 and i was more than happy with that!

I've been a little quiet with Punto, so thought a mini update would be good!!

Be warned this will probably horrify anyone who has taste or a dislike of pink!!

078.jpg

079.jpg

Ooh and rear too!! sorry lads i know not my thing either :eek:

080.jpg

However the misses loves it, and the car is for her so can't moan.

Although i've been driving it recently as my GT is out of action, so had to tone it down a bit!!

Oh nearly forgot!! you'll want to see the outside too now it's all shiney :)

View attachment 91999

View attachment 92000

View attachment 92001

View attachment 92002

View attachment 92003

The pictures dont do it justice compared to how it was, the amount of mud etc.. that i had to get out of the wheel arches was shocking :eek:

You can tell this car lived in the country!! even the engine bay is caked in the stuff.

My next job is the oil & air filter change, along with a new rocker gasket to replace the leaking one!!

Attachments

• 072.jpg
    072.jpg
    979.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 073.jpg
    073.jpg
    956.3 KB · Views: 18
  • 075.jpg
    075.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
  • 076.jpg
    076.jpg