Styling Project Hrrnngg/Sigh

Currently reading:
Styling Project Hrrnngg/Sigh

So, this was going to be a thread on the project car that I had bought.

However, The car I was going to buy got sold, after I paid my deposit. Fortunately the seller refunded me. Was not please to say the least.

So my project is no longer a project, because I don't have it. But I am still starting work, for stuff I can transfer over.

A large task is replacing the instruments. Was wondering if anyone here has fitted a tablet/pc/electric speedo dials to a cinq. Been talking to my garage, as long as it is lit. And I have the original speedo hidden away, still counting miles, I should be Aok.

I wouldn't say I am a computer nerd, but I'm sure my friends and I could make a tablet app or similar to read gps and make a display, not 100% sure on the fuel or temp yet. Also disscussed ideas for the icons, which I was thinking of having fitted retro style to the side. like the original dashboards.

Those are the reason for the name. Hrrnngg is my dash, and sigh, is being carless.

A few things I'm gunna have to get done, are having it painted. Now, I like standard colours, But I'd like a bright baby blue alot more.

Cinq_blue_repaint.jpg

Who and where would I get this done? And what prize do you reacon I would be looking at? It has to be a full spray as there are some clear parts on the inside.

And at somepoint I would need some help doing an engine change. I hope to have this done before 2016. But at my current speed, It looks like I will have the parts and no car. Anyways, I really do hope to get a car before the end of September.

That's all for now, if anyone can help with the speedo that'd be grand. But I will keep everyone posted.

Id happily do a tricked out car, thats right up my street. I turn down normal jobs, i have no interest in them.

Another addition to the headache thread, my mum was kind enough to buy me a tablet as a display and for programming. unfortunatly said tablet has no GPS feature, and would require a separate gps feed to it. like a boat gps reciever or something. So that was fun.

Back