Technical Problem with lights

Currently reading:
Technical Problem with lights

rhiorns

I have a 1995 uno. Recently I've been having trouble with the lights. Sometimes they work fine and other times the following happens:
When I switch the lights on the display shows that the full beam is on, so I check lever position but full beam signal shows whatever position lever is in. The actual headlights are only on sidelights. Can't get them to normal or full beam no matter where lever is positioned. So only sidelights work, although dashboard display shows that full beam is on.
Hope that makes sense.

I have a 1995 uno. Recently I've been having trouble with the lights. Sometimes they work fine and other times the following happens:
When I switch the lights on the display shows that the full beam is on, so I check lever position but full beam signal shows whatever position lever is in. The actual headlights are only on sidelights. Can't get them to normal or full beam no matter where lever is positioned. So only sidelights work, although dashboard display shows that full beam is on.
Hope that makes sense.

Sounds like the stalks knackered to me., although it could be melted headlight bulb plug causing a bad earth, although I dont think you`d get the main beam warning light on with that...

If it does prove to be the stalk, change it but get 4 headlight relays & wire them in the system to take the strain off the stalk (& improve your headlight output no end).

Back