Technical Problem with electric window

Currently reading:
Technical Problem with electric window

janjam

Hello all,
Couple of weeks ago during my holiday trip, at one of the short coffee breaks the battery just died. It was working without showing any problems until one stop and after that it just refused to start the engine again. I could turn on the radio but that was it (and with messages like "abs off", "esp off"...), but when I was trying to turn the key in order to start the car, it just totally died. I had to start it with a help of another guy’s car and cables, and I continued my trip (another 300-400km, but of course without turning off the engine). During that last part of the trip (almost without the battery) in the first ~15mins there were from time to time weird things happening like a lot of warning lights coming on and off... but after that first 15mins everything seemed to be ok.
The day after, I went to some shop to change the battery and they were wondering how I did not lose any codes (ie for radio) because the voltage on the old battery was around 7V.
After installing new battery, everything was perfect by itself again, except one thing :)
For some reason my left rear window refuses to close totally. When I press the button it goes up till the end and after that immediately it goes to half open and stays there. This was not happening before this "battery incident".
Anybody had the same problem with electric windows and what can be the solution?
Can I do some kind of reset?

Thanks in advance

The window thing is normal, it lost its memory of how far it can go up.
It's very simple to fix :

open the window about half way, then start pushing the up button in quick bursts so that the window goes up very short distances each time until it reaches the top. When it reaches the top, hold the up button to record the position. Done!

If you missed one of the quick pushes and the window went up automatically then you'll have to restart the operation.

Last edited:
Those "quick bursts" I use now for closing the window because the car is on the street parking, but I did not know about this reset procedure... I will try it first thing after work. :)

thanks

By the way, if you street park the car in the sun, remember to cover the steering wheel with something or you risk damaging the leather like most of us did.

Wish i'd had the sense to do that when I parked up outside the Ferrari museum last year.

I fixed the window problem with Tad-bravos solution... thanks again. (y)

Regarding interior leather, I can tell you that when I bought the car (as an used one, more than a year ago), the leather on the wheel, gear knob and handbrake looked very dry but without any bubbles though the car was two years old and with almost 40000km. Then I decided to do some leather conditioning to give it back a nice look. I got some ArmorAll leather wipes (because that was the easiest for use) and gave the leather a treatment. What a big mistake :( After a week my leather started to change and bubbles started to show first on the hand brake, and later on the wheel. After that I did again a conditioning with some other stuff (because I was blaming the wipes for this), but I am not sure if I can fix this now anyhow. Its still not as bad as some of the images I see here on some bravos, but I think now it is just a matter of time.
Btw I know that the sun is not the best friend of leather (specially Athens' sun) :), and I use some foil windscreen sun shade/protector almost the whole year, and also all side and back windows are additionally dimmed.

@whitebravo
I have T-jet 120, with Sport package (it's in maranello red and has everything as Sport except of double exhaust, red calipers and sport button). But since I got it used, I am not sure on which original package it was built on... It is loaded with a lot of equipment like dynamic (rear electric windows, rear parking sensors, alarm system, hill holder, "fridge" in arm rests etc) but on the other hand I don't have auto air con but only manual, and I don't have blue&me (which I think are standard on dynamic). :(
I don't know if real T-jet 150 Sport has those two futures.

But all in all, I have to say that for the time being I am veeeery satisfied with my Bella. ;)

Back