Technical Powerflex rear engine mount

Currently reading:
Technical Powerflex rear engine mount

Looking at changing the rear engine mount on my mjet sporting for the powerflex one. However I'm not sure if I should get the standard one powerflex one or the black series? They say on their site the black series is harder for race use so I'd expect to maybe hear some vibration noises, but would there really be any benefit? I'm presuming that the tougher this mount the better to keep everything gearbox related in place as it should be with minimum movement, but please if someone understands this more than me explain why one would be better than the other.

Black series link
Standard powerflex link

Last edited:
Looking at changing the rear engine mount on my mjet sporting for the powerflex one. However I'm not sure if I should get the standard one powerflex one or the black series? They say on their site the black series is harder for race use so I'd expect to maybe hear some vibration noises, but would there really be any benefit? I'm presuming that the tougher this mount the better to keep everything gearbox related in place as it should be with minimum movement, but please if someone understands this more than me explain why one would be better than the other.

Black series link
Standard powerflex link

Hi mate,

Did you end up getting one if these?

I need to replace mine so wanted to upgrade with one if these, any idea how to fit the new Bush in the mount?

Thanks

Jacob I went for the black series one but haven't fitted it yet. Been under the car and it looks like 3 torx bolts holding it in place but I managed to fit a 15mm socket around I think but couldn't get enough leverage to undo it under the car so going to get a bigger wrench and try again.

Back