500 Potential Newbie Hear

Currently reading:
500 Potential Newbie Hear

baldrick123

Hi All

My wife is finding her current car an Audi A4 cabriolet too big, not sure how this has happened all of a sudden! She quite likes the idea of a Fiat 500c. I have a couple of questions I would imagine you good folkes could help with:

I have heard that the headlights on the 500 range are not very bright, is this true? See struggles to see in the dark anyway! Also she will need the dualogic gearbox, is this reliable? And finally her commute is about 15 miles along A roads at about 50-60 mph, just wondered whet the best engine option would be?

Thanks in advance.

Andy

Hi Baldrick - welcome to the forum!

The standard headlights are OK - nothing particularly amiss with them, but if you really need it there is the (expensive) Xenon option.

I have no experience of the Dualogic 'box, but someone will probably be along soon enough who does.

There is much debate on here about engine choice if you search. Many will sing the praises of their particular engine choice ...1.2, 1.4, TA, diesel, however the best option is to drive them and see which you like the best. Probably with the mileage you are looking looking at it will come down to the 1.2 -vs- TA. The 1.2 is arguably the more economical in reality, the TA the most fun, but at a £1400 premium in most models?

Headlights benefit from uprated bulbs, but most OEM units would these days.

Not sure if HID's are available on the none abarth versions, but my be worth considering if buying new.

Dualogic box is ok, a few issues here and there, but generally a very solid and reliable box, but I'd advise driving one first as they're not a conventional auto (y)

I have the Dualogic. It's good but as MEP says it is different to a traditional auto. If she will be freaked out by the fact ti will roll back on a hill then she would need to spec ESP as this also gives you a hill holder.

As to engine - 1.2 if she drives like Michael Winner, Twinair if she drives like Michael Schumacher.

Thanks All.

If only she didn't look like Michael Winner!

Andy
You have a sense of humour, you'll fit in well :p

Not much to add to what has already been said :) Headlights are fine btw, obviously not as bright as HID's, but more than adequate :)

Funny, not many peeps seem to notice my little 500 lights when I flash them. (only for nice reasons I hasten to add.)

Never the same problem with my Clio.

The lights are fine to drive with though.

Funny, not many peeps seem to notice my little 500 lights when I flash them. (only for nice reasons I hasten to add.)

Never the same problem with my Clio.

The lights are fine to drive with though.
I never had that problem, though I thing it's slightly confusing because the DRL's look like foglights to some people and then to be flashed from what appears to be foglights can confuse I guess.

Back